• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think about this build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hexdump

Hi!,

My system is almost built!! but would like to have confirmation from the gurus if you don't mind. Would you be so kind to check if something is misplaced in the list and comment what do you think about the overall system?.

Gibabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 150.00 €
Intel Core I7 2600K 3.4Ghz Box Socket 1155 261.00 €
NZXT H2 Classic Series Negra 90.00 €
OCZ StealthXStream II 600W 65.00 €
WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA3 MAESTRO 69.90 € (2 units)
G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB 2x4GB CL9 63.95 €
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 VAPOR-X 1GB GDDR5 185.00 €
Thermalright Silver Arrow 55.95 €
Sony AD-7260S Regrabadora DVD Negra OEM 21.76 €

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'd go with a different PSU, haven't been a fan of OCZ PSU's as of late. Where are you purchasing this, so we can see what other PSU's are offered in the same price range?

I suggest adding a motherboard. Also, WD black drives are better than blue, and I'd get a Corsair or Seasonic power supply instead.

The Silver arrow is unnecessary overkill for this cpu. You can get a CM212+ for much less.

I'd go with a different PSU, haven't been a fan of OCZ PSU's as of late. Where are you purchasing this, so we can see what other PSU's are offered in the same price range?

http://www.pccomponentes.com/fuentes_alimentacion.html. Sorry this is in spanish, but I think it won't be a prob.

I suggest adding a motherboard. Also, WD black drives are better than blue, and I'd get a Corsair or Seasonic power supply instead.

The Silver arrow is unnecessary overkill for this cpu. You can get a CM212+ for much less.
Well, I wanted to OC it to 4.5gz, this is why I went for something good. Anyway, don't really know if I could get this speeds with the one you suggested. Silence is really important to me too.

It seems OCZ is not something people like :). If you could suggest a better option I would be really happy.

Thanks in advance for all your time.

the hyper 212+ is more than adequate for that processor even at 4.5ghz. It is a really cool running chip, but even if you wanted better than that you don't need to go to the top of the line coolers either.

And as theocnoob says.. you also failed to list a motherboard!

Sorry, I forgot to add it. It is done now :). Thanks on the AS tip.

As a Spanish person who frequently visits Spain... don't take anything you read in Spanish re: PC hardware seriously. Do you know how many famous overclockers or system builders are Spanish? Me neither. I've never met a Spanish person who actually understood hardware. Ever. And I hang out with 'nerds' there.
Take our PSU recommendations. Not theirs. Enjoy Spain for its Climate, food, and affordable alcoholic beverages. Not for its PC knowledge. The beaches are nice also.

Well, I wanted to OC it to 4.5gz, this is why I went for something good. Anyway, don't really know if I could get this speeds with the one you suggested. Silence is really important to me too.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...P67-Series-Overclocking-Guide-and-Information

Asus actually recommends that H212+ heatsink up to about 4.7

Also I built a 2500K system for a friend and with a Scythe Rasetsu, which is slightly inferior, we got less than 60 degrees under load at 4.5Ghz. On a crapp bin CPU that needed 1.35v to get there. You'll be fine with room to spare. If you want to aim for 5ish (not that every CPU will do it) get the Silver Arrow or an Archon.

Last edited:
As a Spanish person who frequently visits Spain... don't take anything you read in Spanish re: PC hardware seriously. Do you know how many famous overclockers or system builders are Spanish? Me neither. I've never met a Spanish person who actually understood hardware. Ever. And I hang out with 'nerds' there.
Take our PSU recommendations. Not theirs. Enjoy Spain for its Climate, food, and affordable alcoholic beverages. Not for its PC knowledge. The beaches are nice also.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...P67-Series-Overclocking-Guide-and-Information

Asus actually recommends that H212+ heatsink up to about 4.7

Also I built a 2500K system for a friend and with a Scythe Rasetsu, which is slightly inferior, we got less than 60 degrees under load at 4.5Ghz. On a crapp bin CPU that needed 1.35v to get there. You'll be fine with room to spare. If you want to aim for 5ish (not that every CPU will do it) get the Silver Arrow or an Archon.

Hehehehe, this is a bit of generalization :). Anyway thanks on the oc info, really valuable. Could you suggest then a PSU in the OCZ price range I posted?

Thanks.

Well, bad luck, they ran out of stock v_v'.

Theocnoob, what do you think about Tacens Valeo III 600W 0dB Modular? I have been reading some reviews and it seems to be a good one, perhaps not best but good, it costs 72 euros.

Thanks for your time mate!.

Well, bad luck, they ran out of stock v_v'.

Theocnoob, what do you think about Tacens Valeo III 600W 0dB Modular? I have been reading some reviews and it seems to be a good one, perhaps not best but good, it costs 72 euros.

Thanks for your time mate!.

Never heard of Tacens. Get a PSU that is a known unit that people here have used that we know doesn't suck. TX650/750, any corsair AX, Seasonic, if you want you can go as low as a CX series. Maybe a Corsair CX600. They aren't great but they work and are reliable. They aren't an old enough series to know how well they pan out after a few years though. Should save you a few Euros.

Back