• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ever happened..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anonaru

Well, I've been seeking them out forever, but to no avail.

YEARS ago, G.Skill had two kits that loved more than anything. I bought one of each, and have been wanting another of each set ever since.

There was once a flat 7-7-7 RipjawsX 1600 RAM, and there was also an 8-9-8 1866 kit. Both ran at 1.5v

They simply don't seem to exist anymore, ever since the TridentX kits became a thing-- They don't even seem to release flat CAS 7 kits anymore, which is sad. These kits are what makes my two AMD rigs run at such unrealistic RAM timings-- They OC and tighten beyond anything else I've ever gotten my hands on :(

Y U DO THIS GSKILL :mad:

The ICs probably don't exist anymore, they probably couldn't make another kit like that if they wanted to. 8-9-8 1866 they could do, but that's not the current fad.

Its a damn shame-- I can bump that 1600 kit all the way up to 2400 without any issues

Some of the best RAM I ever got ahold of, and it was actually quite cheap :shrug:

Think I got it in 2008 or 2009.. Hard to believe they would be making lower quality ram years later ._.

get Crucial Ballistix series , they will make 1600 7-7-7-20 ~1.55V or 1866 8-8-8-24 ~1.55V ( depends from luck ;) )

Do you have an exact part number for these kits? I was looking on the GSkill website and I couldn't find a RipjawsX 1600 7-7-7 kit at 1.5v? What density where the sticks/kit... 2x1GB, 2x2GB, 2x4GB?

1600 7-7-7-24 (1.65v):
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=226

1600 7-7-7-18 (1.90v):
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=203

GSkill PC312800:
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?c1=1&c2=3&c3=10

I could tell you when I get home. They were a kit sold for Intel, and are 7-7-7 (1.5v) I'll grab part number when I'm off haha (They were a 2x2GB kit)
Didn't know they had a 7-7-7-18 part, that's interesting! ..but I bet they run warm at those volts =x

I see they have a 6-8-6 part, I wonder how well that one clocks, scales, etc..

Also Trident 6-7-6 kit, bet that's a fast kit.. too bad they're basically impossible to find. :D

Last edited:
I could tell you when I get home. They were a kit sold for Intel, and are 7-7-7 (1.5v) I'll grab part number when I'm off haha (They were a 2x2GB kit)
Didn't know they had a 7-7-7-18 part, that's interesting! ..but I bet they run warm at those volts =x

I see they have a 6-8-6 part, I wonder how well that one clocks, scales, etc..

Also Trident 6-7-6 kit, bet that's a fast kit.. too bad they're basically impossible to find. :D

The 6-8-6 kit should have PSC ic while the 6-7-6 part is most likely BBSE ic.

I have a similar kit... F3-12800CLT-6GBTD 6-7-6-18 (BBSE) triple channel and it can run 2000 8-9-8 on X58... Most likely even higher with IB.

You have to watch the forums classifieds to find these older kits when they sometimes come up for resale... As the ic are EOL and no longer available to make into new kits.

You have to watch the forums classifieds to find these older kits when they sometimes come up for resale... As the ic are EOL and no longer available to make into new kits.

+1
There are quite a few of these sets in the classifieds now

Back