• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

champdog

i have an xp 2700+ processor and a nf7-s. I need some suggestions for HSF and also do i need a northbridge fan?
I'm looking for something that cools descent but isn't too loud.
Thanks for any help.

Go to www.svc.com Get a sk7 (20$) and the blue led ys-tech 1000-4000rpm adjustable fan (5$). That's the best deal on HSF imho. Oh and grab some AS3 too (5$) if you dont have any.

That's Arctic Silver 3, a thermal compound in case you didn't know.

Im a little confused. What is a good northbridge fan, and is the sk7 the HSF for the cpu, or the northbridge? Please help me straighten this out

the sk7 is a heatsink for the CPU

svcompucycle_1733_463847

as for a fan to go on top of your heatsink, well, that all depends on the power that you need...

if you want a northbridge fan, i'd go with the crystal orb (only $9.50 right now)

svcompucycle_1733_22775250

wow thanks for the quick reply. There is a fan on my mobo that looks sort of like the crystal orb. If i replace it would it make much of a difference?

about what could i hit with the stock northbridge fan and a sk7 then?

Back