• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happen to the various WU's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
I was checking the ppd/ghz/core theard and I released that all we are seeing is Gromacs now a days. With advmethods and bigpacks, I use to get all sort of WU's..Ambers, DGromacs, GBGromacs...now only gromacs...are the other cores becoming extinct?

Shelnutt2 said:
I was checking the ppd/ghz/core theard and I released that all we are seeing is Gromacs now a days. With advmethods and bigpacks, I use to get all sort of WU's..Ambers, DGromacs, GBGromacs...now only gromacs...are the other cores becoming extinct?

It depends what projects they have. If all current projects are GROMACS based then there wont be any tinkers etc.

I have been getting a lot of Ribo's, Gromacs, Ambers, and a few Patty Melts here and there. I have noticed that there seemed to be quite a few more cores back when I first started folding almost 2 years ago too. I have been wondering why it seems like I spend more time doing the same WU over and over. But at the same time I keep reminding myself that science has a good reason for the way WU's are getting sent to us.

deadlysyn said:
I have been getting a lot of Ribo's, Gromacs, Ambers, and a few Patty Melts here and there. I have noticed that there seemed to be quite a few more cores back when I first started folding almost 2 years ago too.

Thats what I was thinking

Back