• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is causeing this? win 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leo5111

my trillain and my gmail both take their sweet time connecting to the net instead of logging in as soon as they launch, they take like 45 seconds or so and they didnt allways do it, now on fresh install of windows its doing it again

my trillain and my gmail both take their sweet time connecting to the net instead of logging in as soon as they launch, they take like 45 seconds or so and they didnt allways do it, now on fresh install of windows its doing it again

Does this happen after your computer is just turned on or after it has been running for a while?

its upon booting up, and whats funny is to try another windows i plugged in a spare drive, went i went back to my original drive i had to fix boot order BUT trillian and gmail were logging right in, my 1 friend said virus, but i literaly fresh installed windows and installed those 2 and problem was there

So the problem went away when you switched hard drives? A virus could be possible, because there are some viruses that aren't eliminated by formatting and re-installing your OS. However, my guess would be that your fresh install does not have the correct drivers installed for your network card, and therefore it's taking your network card longer to identify and connect to your network upon boot. Make sure you didn't forget to install your chipset and network adapter drivers on your new install.

im on latest driver and problem vanished on same drive it was on before fixing boot order when i switched back to it and it was logging em in fast

I'm a little confused now. You have two drives, and each drive has a different installation of Windows. Correct? Is it the same version of Windows on each drive, or does one drive have Windows 7 and the other drive a different version?

my windows 7 64 install was one with issue, i tried server 2012 on a completly differnt hard drive then installed drive with win 7 64 again had to select drive as main boot drive when it booted up trillian and gmail were shooting right in

Back