• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is MCP (m3n-ht deluxe)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grosjambon

Hi, The Mobo came with a little fan i am suposed to put on the ** dunno if its the southbridge northbridge etc...
The MCP is getting at 60degree and i would like to know which one is it so i can put the fan on this to get lower temps. PIC INC
not the best pic. the fan is on the leet gtx 260 and cooling the one of the chipset.
P1000132-1.jpg
the third chipset is hided by the biggy gtx 280 but u can see it a little bit
P1000133.jpg

Edit : hope u dont see the whole case u would laught at cable management i cant see my ram lol

Dont the directions tell you to put it on the heatsink to the left of the CPU? Probably also the only place it naturally fits too. ;)

If the fan you're talking about is the one with the clear case and black impeller it goes on the copper radiator to the left of the CPU. Because of the heatpipes that radiator sheds heat for both the NB and MOSFETs (power chips which are directly under it). I've got 6x A8N32-SLIs around here and every one came with one of those fans. I actually use a fan on three of them - they're all water cooled and need the extra airflow. :)

MCP is the NB ...
http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=RgHWsXGQyHAG1n7Z
NVIDIA nForce® 780a SLI™ media and communications processors (MCPs) are the foundation for the world’s ultimate gaming PC. Maximize your rig’s performance with 3-way SLI technology, blah, blah, blah. ;)

45°C is on the warm side for an AMD NB but I wouldn't worry about it. If it gets to 50°C or more then you should do something about it ...

Last edited:
MAybe put a 40mm fan on there as well. Or try removing the heatsink and applying some better thermal paste.

actualy this is idle when i gaming for about 2hours is can get up to 60 degree +_+ will try to post a everest picture when i will do some gaming lol...
That's way too hot.

What's your OC - or did I miss that?
How are your CPU temps at P95/OCCT load?
Does your video card dump it's exhaust back into the case or is it a double-slot card that exhausts externally?

Prime95
OCCT
CoreTemp

not doing any O.C atm. going to check cpu temps running occt and p95 im new to this so? how many time i should run this?
Gtx 280 push air out of the case but it generate heat in the whole case and my airflow is not the best :)

Run only one of those... Prime95 will just run until you stop it or the system freezes if its unstable. Small FFT for CPU temps.

The CPU is running 55°C which means the exhaust coming off it is probably pretty warm as well and no doubt part of the problem since that's also what's "cooling" the NB and MOSFETs. If your GPU is dumping heat into the case (???) then that just adds to it.

Either way try this; take the side off your case and set-up a normal household fan so it's blowing into the case. If the load temps go down then your case airflow needs some work ...

Looks like he has the 280 TOP from ASUS it blows out the rear of the case, however the back of the card will still increase ambients in the vicinity of the chipset.

Really sounds like the case needs a complete AIR makeover :) (and I know you said your cables were atrocious, managing that mess can help temps a lot)

As mentioned pulling the heatsinks and reapplying TIM can help a lot.

Last edited:
Mercy!

1. Cable management.
2. Put that 120mm sitting next to your GPU and mount it on the rear exhausting.
3. Buy another fan and make it an intake in front of your hard drive area if possible.

Case flow is very important and from the picture, you dont have much flow, just a lot of hustle. lol

For a CPU cooler like that you probably shouldn't be using that fan anyway.

ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe Manual (pg 2-11)
Install the optional fan only if you are using a passive cooler or a water
cooler. Installing the optional fan with an active CPU cooler will interfere
with the airflow and destabilize the system.
You REALLY need a rear exhaust fan on your case. Even with the water cooled computers I have there's still a rear fan ...

sry for the long wait was pretty busy for school and not happy of my final note:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Ok here is result with the fan on. I did the Large Data TestI dunno if its change something im running a medium one now we'll see.
Temps 57Degre on chipset but CPU temp are lower than others
OCCTEMPSLARGEDATA.jpg

Back