• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best mouse pad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Im looking for a new mouse pad, but im not sure what to get. The icemat caught my eye, but I have heard good things about ratzpads(whatever lol). A poll would be nice too, hint hint.

I personally would tell you to go for the RatPadzGS, although I have never used the Icemat, nor known anybody who has.

After reading some reviews, it seems the icemat is more suited to ball mice but works well with opticals too. Any other pafs to consider?

corepad, glass gaming pad, check it out over at SVC, its great, and pretty much on par with icemat...

Perhaps I should go into more detail about what im looking for, as there are a lot of choices. I want something that will work well with an mx510, and be very comfortable.

After reading some reviews, it seems the fUnc pad is a better pad than the ratpadz, but a bit more expensive. I have money though, so I think ill go with it.

Heh, im far to lazy to read the reviews atm, but is this much better than the fUnc and rats? If so, im whippin out the credit card.

Looks The corepad is a fairly nice looking pad. Its rounded edges and dot pattern makes it look a little better than average

Performance The Corepad was exceptionally smooth (Much more than the Icemat). It was not fully compatible with the Intelli mouse, but worked flawlessly with the MX510.

Quality the quality of this mouse pad itself is quite high. It is made out of safety glass and feels like it will last. The foam anti-skid mat and wrist rest on the other hand don’t seem like they will last too long after normal use

Value Compared to the 50USD Icemat, the 29.99USD dollar Corepad is a bargain (but that's not saying a whole lot).

Conclusion The Corepad was a good pad overall. It costs 29.99USD which is just about in the middle of the price spectrum. Pads like the EverGlide Giganta go for less than 15USD, while others like the Steelpad go for as much as 50. The Corepad does an excellent job of complementing a higher end mouse’s performance. If you do have a high end mouse and want an equally high end mousepad, the Corepad is right for you.

thats a review from creative mods

I tried using a MX 900 with NO Teflon feet, the MX 500 with Teflon feet and an Intellimouse Explorer. The only acceptable way to use this Corepad, in my opinion, is to use the Teflon feet. On another note, the Corepad “fencing” allows for a silent surface. There is no scratchy sound when moving the mouse around. This is positive for people that do not like the scratchy sound emitted from the Steelpad and ICEMAT mouse pads.
Once the Teflon is applied, the Corepad is equivalent to smoothness of the Steelpad and ICEMAT.

thats the reviews over at gruntville

I think I might get myself a Corepad, it looks somewhat likeable... sounds like it's a good performer too. Will it work well with the mouse of all ownage, the MX700?

yep, i have an mx900 (Which is the same except for bluetooth) and it works flawlessly

I was thinking of getting a glass one but some review sites said they didnt go well with optical mouses. Probably just a bad mouse heh. That looks like the pad for me. Does it come with teflon?

yea not that many ppl know about it, but its awesome... That stuff WILL never wear down or anything, its freakin glass! lol and its on par with icemat (which is the best gaming surface for optical mice and is 50bucks) except its cheaper!

Back