• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best RAM IC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is the best DDR ram IC?

• TCCD

Votes: 64 41.3%
  • TCC5

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • UTT

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • BH-5

Votes: 59 38.1%
  • BH-6

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • CH-5

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • CH-6

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • -5B C

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • -5B G

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
SteveOCZ said:
Micron -5B C no question about it. TCCD and UTT are nice and all, but they both have their trade offs (be it timings or voltage). The micron did high FSB speeds with 2.5-2-2- or 3-2-2 timings at all at 3.2V or less

where can u find this stuff?

BH5 for the win. I've been using it for a while, and have never run better RAM.

jcw122 said:

crucial value ram has it, OCZ's EB pc3700 used it. Crucial value ram is your best bet though. you might even get -5b G's, which produce better clocks then -5b C's. however these ics get HOT! hotter then bh-5 and ch-5 and UTT. so you need a fan or GOOD airflow over em.

jcw122 said:

The Micron chips were used in OCZ's "EB" (Enhanced Bandwidth) memory series.

EDIT: CCUABIDExORxDIE beat me to it :p

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
crucial value ram has it, OCZ's EB pc3700 used it. Crucial value ram is your best bet though. you might even get -5b G's, which produce better clocks then -5b C's. however these ics get HOT! hotter then bh-5 and ch-5 and UTT. so you need a fan or GOOD airflow over em.

damn that sounds like some wicked hot stuff lol.

Sentential said:
Out of the list (since I have used all the chips mentioned) TCC5 would be the best in both stability and speed. Micron would be the worst.

In order:

TCC5
BH-5
TCCD
BH-6
UTT
CH-5
-5B G
CH-6
-5B C
TCC5 is the BEST, better than TCCD, BH-5 and everything else? I heard the "its the same" argument but how can a lower binned RAM be better lol. I would like to hear your reasoning for that.

jcw122 said:
damn that sounds like some wicked hot stuff lol.

my friend got one of the 1 gig sticks, with -5b d's on em, they are even hotter then -5b c/g's. and he has a TORNADO blowing over em, and they still get hot! the 1 gig sticks oc quite well though, on his s754 platform they clocked up to 250 3-3-3-8 with 2.8v. This ram is soo weird, its like TCCD and Bh-5 got wasted and made a baby. its the only ram that has the TRP and TRCD lower then thier cas latency.

Why did I vote BH-6? Well, because I have never hit a higher memory speed than what I have on my Mushkin Special 2-2-2 sticks. 271mhz at 2-2-2-8 is worthy of being the best in my opinion.

-Collin-

SteveOCZ said:
Micron -5B C no question about it. TCCD and UTT are nice and all, but they both have their trade offs (be it timings or voltage). The micron did high FSB speeds with 2.5-2-2- or 3-2-2 timings at all at 3.2V or less

QFT. I own a pair, talk about bandwidth city! :santa:

BH-5 has got my vote!
They have been great to me.
Plus, ive seen some of this stuff do insane timmings back in its day!, timmings which i havent seen repeated yet.!

Raven

BH5 is best

BH5 is way better than TCCD. My BH5 @ 3.7V does 293MHz 2-2-2-5 stable and I've been running it since forever. It will kick TCCD ***.

Back