• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is VTIN temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

Anyone know what VTIN is?

I'm wondering because I have something that is showing up in HWMonitor as VTIN, and whatever it is it's apparently either rather hot or I have a sensor that isn't working right.

Frankly, it's worrying me a bit because its temp is rather high and I'm really beginning to wonder what it is, because even after feeling around my mobo I couldn't find anything that was more than just lukewarm to the touch.

That particular component runs hot all the time, even at stock speeds and voltages.

I'll post a pic with this so that you'll know what I mean by rather hot.

Attachments

• Corsair VS2GBKIT400C3 234 MHz FSB Idle Temps.JPG
    Corsair VS2GBKIT400C3 234 MHz FSB Idle Temps.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 2,872
i have no idea, but in my experience HW monitor is very very inaccurate sometimes!
i get a whole lot of wrong readings with it compared to many other programs and bios

Believe me, if there was anything in your case that ran 91°C - especially since you felt around for heat sources - you would have found it by now. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

VTIN

The 'reporting/monitoring' chip on the board makes a huge difference in what Temps may mean. In the case of VTIN, it seems with laptops to be battery temp. So as some say above it seems a bad sensor, it could in fact be a spurious reading that in fact should not be polled at all, but disabled in the monitor software.

Back