• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What IS wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NsOmNiA91130 said:
If i'm not mistaken, you're RAM is part of the unpacking process...so my absolute best guess....

RAM.

I'm using a friends stick of RAM since my RAM is being RMA'd....i and he have checked it with memtest and had no errors. ANy other thoughts?

thanks

D.L

just to add to the continuing saga, it is now taking 3 attempts to get my computer to turn on. That is to say the computer doesn't even POST (make beeps) on the first 2 attemps!

Is this an indication of a fubar'd HDD???

D/L arrrghh!

Not nessecarily. You said when you unpacked a large rar file it would restart, well, that taxes everything, but it uses 100% of the processor when doing that, now I don't think your processor is the problem, but rather the psu. It can't supply the power needed, and your pc restarts under load, and randomly when it really isn't under alot of load. Since it took 3 times to start up(with no beeps..), i'm thinking your HD or psu, I think most likely it is the the psu, but test out your hd with the tools first if you are able to keep it booting.
Also a bad psu can make your hd not show up or have errors as well, so even if your hd does show problems in a test, it may not be the root cause.

Last edited:
Back