• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is your go-to program to check if your USB Flash Drive is fake?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I click bottom left to bring up the list of programs. There should be one called bash or Ubuntu (if that's the flavor you installed.) If you don't see it, start typing the bane and Windows should find it for you if the installation is complete.

Awe... I see, this is not about running a few command lines under existing Windows 10 PowerShell at all... This is about installing Linux. Oooh. :(

Well, in that case, I used to have Linux on a boot USB that I could just boot from and run and bypass Windows altogether - but for most folks, this is way more of a task and entirely different hassle, I am also on copper line 600 KB/sec internet, nothing faster exists out here in the country....

Can we recognize that yours is the best / perfect way but maybe have you guys post what imperfect alternatives exist under Windows?

Not really installing Linux, just some Linux S/W that runs in an environment that translates the Linux calls to the Windows API. WSL 2.0 will actually run Linux in a VM but that's not what you should be using.

Booting Linux from a USB will work too, however when you do that, it would be easier to clobber your windows install if you do something wrong. WSL should be pretty safe.

Back