• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What keyboard do you own?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Microsoft Internet Keyboard with Red numlock/capslock/scrollock LEDs.

Soon to make into a red glowing keyboard ;)

Whtever working keyboard I find at U of M Property Disposition. It's like $5 each and I do have a tendacy to blow my keyboard when I get really frustrated. Why risk blowing up a good $100 keyboard when $5 can give me the same level of satisficsation??? :D

IBM 'model M' circa 1986. < click - click > :D
modelm4yq.jpg

Most new keyboards are basically disposable crap IMhO.
Unfortunately, important considerations like build quality, serviceability, and
proper key pressure have taken a back seat to bells & whistels in recent
years. Even worse, they lack adequate tactile responce.
Membrane (aka rubber dome) keyboards are cheaper to produce. Bigger profit margins
for the manufactuer.

As always, just my two cents.

Last edited:
Fellowes USB Stowaway Keyboard
7_kb.jpg
Extremely durable, light, small, and a great key layout (hard to find in small keyboards). Folds up to be about the same size as a pocket DayTimers.

I can't stand keyboard with normal thickness keys or travel. My arthritis has made me very picky when it comes to peripherals.

Last edited:
Still using my cordless Logitech keyboard that came with my MX Duo, still on the original batteries. I think I've had it at least 2 years.

is it me or do laptop keys annoy you? i remember having to substitute letters with numbers cause i didn't know how to use the numlock button.

-1cem4n

lowfat said:
picture021small0fr.jpg

Logitech Cordless keyboard that came with MX Duo.
have the same one
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
P4P800 SE(no mod yet)
PM750@2845ghz watercool
BFG 6800ultra@450/1.2ghz
2x256mb Corsair PC3500C2@2-2-2-5
2x36gig Raptors
OCZ DDR [email protected]
OCZ Powerstream 520watts

Susquehannock said:
IBM 'model M' circa 1986. < click - click > :D
modelm4yq.jpg

Most new keyboards are basically disposable crap IMhO.
Unfortunately, important considerations like build quality, serviceability, and
proper key pressure have taken a back seat to bells & whistels in recent
years. Even worse, they lack adequate tactile responce.
Membrane (aka rubber dome) keyboards are cheaper to produce. Bigger profit margins
for the manufactuer.

As always, just my two cents.

Nice, I still have one of those in my house. I actually used it a couple of months ago. I have another really really old one with the big connector (AT?).

CWynn said:
Nice, I still have one of those in my house. I actually used it a couple of months ago. I have another really really old one with the big connector (AT?).

That's what mine is, the older AT type with large 5-pin DIN connector. An all metal ps/2 adaptor is only $3. :)
Can say from personal experience the 'model M' are quite servicable when a 16oz drink is
spilled on them. Most newer boards would be toast.
In all seriousness - if someone told me I had to get a membrane type keyboard
it would definitely be one of those Dell models since they are built to last.
Unlike some of the El Cheapo Logitechs & the like.

1cem4n said:
is it me or do laptop keys annoy you? i remember having to substitute letters with numbers cause i didn't know how to use the numlock button.
It depends. I LOVE the short key travel an low-profile keys, but it is very difficult to find a keyboard with those features that has a standard layout for the rest of the keys. The Fellowes keyboard is one of very few that doesn't have awkwardly placed task buttons. It does however lack seperate function buttons (you have to hold down Fn to use a function key so CTRL + F4 actually involves pressing three buttons).

All of these peculirarities can be avoided by simply shopping carefully. There are quite a few full-size keyboards including a numpad that also have low-travel low-profile keys.

I use the bluetooth version of the Logitech diNovo. It's a decent gaming board, though some of the key placements are a little funky. It's also the quietest keyboard I've ever used. It's probably because it uses laptop style low profile keys.

Back