• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of cooling do you use poll (July-Dec 05) (Retired Sticky)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your primary method of cooling your main system?

• Air cooling

Votes: 313 72.1%
  • Water cooling

Votes: 109 25.1%
  • Other cooling (please explain below)

Votes: 12 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
This poll is one of a series of polls designed to give members the opportunity to see what the membership as a whole have chosen in regards to some of the more common cooling choices. This particular poll is for members to show what kind of cooling is being used by them. It will also give anyone who feels the need, the opportunity to explain why they have chosen that method and possibly help others decide on what their next cooling setup will be. This poll, along with the others will be stuck in the appropriate section and will be open for six months, after which a new poll will be set in place to allow future members to show their choices, current members to list any changes in their choices, and to allow members to track shifts in trends over an extended period.

Having said that, what is your primary method of cooling your main system, with air, with water or with something other than the first two?

I'll start things off, I water cool my main system. For now it's just the CPU but I hope to add both my GPU and Northbridge by the end of the summer.

well its a little mix of both liquid colling with a fan, would guess it falls under fan cooling but it has 4 pipes that are filled with a heat transfer liquid, sorry i have a 3d rocket cooler.

Air Cooling for me :)

Im completely upgrading my computer after x-mas tho :D Which means top-o-the range heatsink for me :) (and everything else :D )

Air cooling on a after market HS the thermalright SP-97 I got it before it was discontinued. I plan to up to water on my next build.

I think this topic should be unstuck, alot more people will notice it then ;)

cripy said:
water cooling, is there any other way to go? I went from 41c idle to 21c idle. 54c load to 28c load

Hey! There's nothing wrong with 65*c idle and 72*c load is there? :D :rolleyes:

I just switched to water cooling this last weekend. I'm using a DangerDen TDX on my P4 3.0 and the Maze4 on the chipset. Ehiem water pump and Black Ice Extreme II radiator.

It went from 145F underload to 98F under the same load. I couldn't even overclock before and now I can easily get 3.6ghz and it won't go over 100F.

Not to mention no more loud fans and my room doesn't get hot from the computer anymore either.

I'm in the process of making an evaporatve 'bong' tower. But until thats done, air. :(

I water cool. Although my Wifes system is air cooled (she won't let me water cool it). I also build WC setups and or Mod parts for other people (mainly friends).

I'm stuck with air cooling right now. When I get the money to build my next system (hopefully by december), it will be water cooled.

Mach II Phase Change.

I've air cooled, i've water cooled, and in the end i'm just not satisfied unless it's sub zero. Once you get a taste of what that's like you'll never want to go back. I remember being very intimidated by phase change, but am very glad i went this route. When you get done setting up a nice water cooling system you've already spent so much why not just save towrds extreme cooling? At least that was my thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back