• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What late 80's Nintendo game was this ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morvak

Disabled
OK so back in the late 80's my friend owned a Nintendo.

He had this game where you controlled a person/wizard (?) who had a wand, and he used this wand to create square blocks and could also destroy the blocks with the wand too. The idea was to create blocks and work your way up the screen by jumping up on the blocks you created (or something like that). From what i remember at least.

Sound familiar?

Morvak said:
hm no that's not it. but thanks.

From the description you gave at the top... yes it is.

Solomon's Key:

solomon's-key-1.jpg

solomon's-key-2.jpg

Solomonkey.jpg

That's it! Thanks! I had a ton of fun with that game, I want to buy the Nintendo just for it LOL.

What a memory Salomon!

LOL Salomon, we replied at the same time, my initial reply was to Splat.

ah, i think i remember that game, don't think i played it much if ever

Morvak said:
That's it! Thanks! I had a ton of fun with that game, I want to buy the Nintendo just for it LOL.

What a memory Salomon!

LOL Salomon, we replied at the same time, my initial reply was to Splat.

I have it on my Wii now actually. My sister gave me some Nintendo points for my birthday, and that's one of the games I ended up download. Solomon's Key gets pretty tough as you go through it.

Good game.

you have it on your wii? so is it like.. newer graphics or just the original game?

maybe you guys can help me with this, all I remember of the game on NES is that you needed to get an umbrella and that it was a vertical Scroller.

I've done Top Gun and Top Gun 2 on the NES...

And bad dudes..."Are you a bad enough dude to save the president from the Ninjas?!!" ..and the ending.."Hey dudes, thanks for rescuing me! Let's go for a burger!..ha! ha! ha! ha! ha!"

Ninga turtles..Castle wars or something, mario, pac man.. some boxing game that was pretty fun and I believe that was it.

dicecca112 said:
maybe you guys can help me with this, all I remember of the game on NES is that you needed to get an umbrella and that it was a vertical Scroller.

in bubble bobble if you got the umbrella it would warp you forward a few levels. it wasn't really a scroller tho.

Back