• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you're a fan of PLX latency, sure.

I'm no aware of any desktop board that can do 16/16/16/16 with real, native, PCIe lanes.

They can't. Its impossible. SBe/IBe only have 40 lanes out of the CPU. AFAIK, that is the most for a desktop (not sure about servers/Xeon).

Interesting that it takes TWO PLX chips to run full 4x 16x slots on the X79 Ex11. I also would be concerned more about latencies with that setup and would much rather run 16x/8x/8x/8x native than quad 16x on TWO PLX chips.

The SR-2 has the old school (more latency than PLX last I recall) NF200 (2 actually) to add more PCIe lanes.

Yeah the NF200 as Nvidia's PCIe 2.0-only fairly high latency hot running chip. It was functional, but not very good. The PLX chips are much better, but still not ideal.

thought id chime in and give a update....

i couldnt wait for asus to get off their *** and release maximus VII extreme anymore so i settled for the maximus VI extreme and a 4790k....

i got it up and running a couple hours ago so far 4.78 at 1.23v not to shabby

also got the 3 290x's in the loop they never go over 44c under full furmark load lol.... the two 480 monsta rads are doing their job :)

thanks for all the help amigos

Back