• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What mods...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highlander

Need to consider what mods are gonna be best for a P4C800-e del and CT-479 convertor.
Atm, decidided on Vdroop and Vdimm (to 3-3.1v to allow running of 4*256 ch/BH5 at reasonable fsb, will switch to booster for benching)
CT-479 will get the power connector modded, and the jumper bank.

Anything else that would be recommended? Was tempted by a vAGP mod, but board seems ok pushing 250-260 with 1.5v....
Sinking wise, any particular fets/chips which need attention? Also does anyone have a read point for vcore? Not exactly certain how much vdroop this board has.

Cheers :D

Vdroop should be all that is necessary. The p-m chips have a fsb of only 100-133. If you do run into any probems, you can do a direct mosfet vdimm mod to keep you at 3.3v. I hear vagp is unsuccessful on this board but it might help.

You could do vdd too if you end up going 220+

damn... I didn't think those chips would go that high. Hell, do vDD and vdimm-short. Can I get a link to the vagp mod? I hate that mavis' site is gone.

Dont have a link to hand. If there isnt one available, will get Persivore to write one when the board gets his special treatment :)

I found an old XS thread where someone backed up the entire Malves Corner site. Still, there's no vcore read point listed. Apparently in that thread, vdd is the same as vcore and vtt tracks perfectly so neither a vdd or vtt mod will be necessary.

I would say after vdimm, vagp, and vdroop, look for a sb volt mod maybe?

(I'm actually concidering getting this board and a 2.0 pm and modding that piece out.)

Cheers mate :D Off home next week, will set Persivore on working out some mods for it :)

Do you have any multi problems with the adapter? In Anandtech review (I think?) when they used the adapter, they immediately lost their multiplier options in bios.

btw, I can pick that 2.0 up for less than 200 ;)

And, if you need the p4c800-e malves page, I now have it backed up.

Not now no, Asus recently released a bios for the P4C800-e Del and P4P800SE which gives multi options in bios :)
These can be changed in windows anyway using EIST or CPUMSR :)
2.0 being the 760 or 755? Dont get a 7x5 based chip, they can't hack the fsb :)

Have a read of sjaak's thread http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=393963
Some really useful info in it :D

760. It's the 533fsb version.

You know... are there any bench pages showing the overclocked dothan vs overclocked chips? anandtech's is only stock...

Last edited:
Ah finally boards all modded \o/
Vdroop and vDimm, was all thats needed. Little to no droop on core now which is great, considering the 0.05-08 drop from before.

Tested with some TCCD too, board runs pi stable to ~ 280 with the Dothan :D w00t!

Back