• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What temps should I be seeing for a stock 3770k under a Hyper 212 Evo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wayward_Son

Just built a new rig for a buddy/coworker.

Intel i7 3770k
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4
Corsair Obsidian 650D
GSkill Ripjaws 2x4gb DDR3 1333 (7-7-7-21)
Corsair TX-650M
OCZ Vertex 4 128gb
WD Caviar Black 1tb
Plextor PX-L890SA
CM 212 Hyper Evo
Win7 Home Premium x64
ASUS HD7770-DC-1GD5

Computer is NOT overclocked. My buddy is not a bencher, clocker or gamer. Yes, the rig is complete overkill. Yes, he knows it. We received awesome bonus checks this year and he went all-out.

My question: What kind of load temps should I be seeing at stock settings? I ask only because I want to make sure the 212 has a good mount. His workshop's air conditioner was set on 68*, let's assume ambient temp was 70*. Case fans were set on low through the case's built-in fan speed switch. Ten minutes of Prime95 and CoreTemp yielded a high temp of 59C on one core, the others were hovering around 57C. I imagine that under a longer test temps would creep into the low sixties. Again, everything is dead stock. No extra voltage, no extra speed, everything including the CPU fan set on AUTO. Should I be happy with this mount or can it be better?

Last edited:
Thts about right I think. Adjust the fan profile if need be or add another or get better fans if you need more later.

You could always remove it and check your paste application, I always do it as a test with a new HS I have never tried before in case it was wonky.

Your fine under testing loads with that chip in the 80's so no worries for now.

Overclock it!

I am building a system 3570k and the EVO right now. Will have temps later. I'd kill for 70C room temps.................. I had a bit too much paste the 1st time BTW.

Nah, won't bother with a remount if those temps are normal under a 212. This is actually my first Intel build so I'm not nearly as familiar with them and their quirks as I am with AMD processors and overclocking.

As much as I want to overclock this rig, it isn't mine and my buddy doesn't have any interest in overclocking at this point. However, I made sure to give him all the hardware he needed to be able to overclock if he ever decides he wants to try it. ;) He has a badass processor, badass motherboard, badass RAM, badass power supply, badass case airflow and a decent (read: inexpensive but reasonably effective) heatsink. If he calls me up next month and asks me how to overclock, all we'll need to do is reference the Intel forum on this site and fire up his BIOS. :comp:

Back