• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with my 1.65v ram with my i5-3570k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamagain

As I've frequently read, ram shouldn't go above 1.5v on Ivy Bridge. What do you guys think I should do? Should I run @ 1.5 v at 1600 mhz / 9-9-9-27 or should I drop it down to 1333mhz @ 9-9-9-27? Or should I just run it at 1.65 volts like the ram was intended for? I'm not against dropping down to 1333mhz as the difference in gaming is negligible if any, but is ram intended to do something like that?

Thanks!

1.65V is fine for IB. Just use your memory @1600 9-9-9 1.65V and if you don't want to set so high voltage then try to drop it to 1.60V or lower. Most kits should be still working on lowered voltage.

Well i dropped it to 1.60 volts and it's running memtest right now and seems fine so far. how low do you think i can drop the voltage and still have it run 9-9-9-17/1600mhz?

No real way to tell, you can try 1.55 and see if it will go, just once it starts throwing errors bump it up a notch or two (or 3)

Back