• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with those screamers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I gotta get some pics of it on water, I have to work tomorow(just starting my new job!) and Its gonna be a while till the next proto, Im doing a lot of designing, and need lots of stuff..

Jon

cool!!!

Thats great!!! utterly amazing, what a great first thread to read.
I cant wait to see that new design for the skirt and it would be amazing to see that on the water. Id love to see how you built the bottom section too (Guide!!!Guide!!!) :)

thankyou:)

for a guide, thats a little difficult at the moment, I still got lots to learn. I think after my next 1 or 2 hovercrafts I build Ill be able to make a guide. I do have plans(not sure if they are gonna come thru) to build a real hovercraft to ride.

but the design is basicly a light weight board(preferably softer like styrofoam) and a hole or 2 for fans(high cfm) and a skirt thats attached to the center with holes for air to escape. When making the skirt you cant have too many, but if you have too little, you can make a few more as you go. That design was perfect...

If you want to know how that specific one was made, I just took 3 cds and traced around them. I used the innner rings to create that triangle and lined up the fans and cut.

Jon

That's a very cool way to use fans. maybe you should make another prototype with Big fans like 120mm?

120mm fans weigh a lot, and those were ones I had laying around, I would use some high power fans but I dont have money to buy them yet, Ill be using propellers instead Im thinking...

Jon

Post some of your plans! I'd seriously like to see them now that I have a bunch of fans lying around.

jon.... i got no words for you, except YOU ARE FREAKIN INSANE!!!!! its AWESOME though... and i have a couple of old fans kicking around... yeap... 3 80's, 2 60's and a 120... hmmmm.....

still waitin on the pics of ur hovercraft over water :D

I been real busy, should get waterpics in the next couple days.

the 9v batteries, they werent even close to fresh when I got them. In that pic those were fresh batteries just to give it optimal pressure, mine were almost dead, they die REALLY fast, and get really hot.
If you see the volt meter on the craft, it says like 13v, thats from origionally 18v. plus over the time of about 10 minutes it would probably make it down to 11.5 or so..

Ill see what I can do, Im mostly working on designing a new craft with real propellers and 18000rpm electric motors.

Jon

Back