• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to set voltages to on 780i SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

I am totally lost on this board as to what to do.

Don't know why, but it seems like every board I've used has a different name for the NB chipset, SB chipset, and so on. I don't know which is what on some things with this board and could use a bit of help.

Looking in the bios I have nForce SPP voltage (Northbridge), nForce MCP voltage (Southbridge), CPU FSB voltage (which is something different from vCore), and HT nForce SPP-MCP voltage (voltage going between the SPP and MCP I gather).

Don't have a clue what to set those to voltage-wise, and I'm trying to reach 500MHz (so far, unsuccessfully), and preferably higher than that.

CPU FSB default is 1.1V (if set to Auto, the board will set this to 1.3V when overclocked)
nForce SPP default is 1.30V (if set to Auto, the board will set this to 1.40v when overclocked)
nForce MCP default is 1.50V (if set to Auto, it never seems in increase no matter how high I overclock the system)
HT nForce SPP-MCP default is 1.20V

Last edited:
Little at a time. Never use more than you need. If it runs fine with med overclocks on auto (1.3v) then you have a good starting point.

nforce HT is probably good up to 1.3v, so just a little bump here and there should be all you'd need.

Back