• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What water kit to buy??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silentfire

Hey, I'm either going to buy a 1700+ t-bred b, or a barton core 2500+. I'm pretty sure im going to end up overclocking this badboy and im starting to lean towards H20.

Their is a store near me that sells either the Ahanix Iceberg Liquid Cooling Kit for about 164$ Canadian, or the Thermaltake A1604 Aquarius II Liquid Cooling Kit for about 190$ Canadian.

Should I even spend my money on this or should I just attempt to make my own, if so does anyone know where I can find a percise step by step guide on how to build it??

Thanks

Make your own, it took me longer and still isn't complete (untill tomarrow :D ) but from what I have seen it is well worth it. No matter what people tell you it isn't cheaper but it is better.

bah it can be cheeper and very much so but it depends on your time and availibility to travel places like junk yards and how handy you are with tools.

personaly i would say the only reason to ever buy a kit is if you live in an area where you cant possibly get the parts or the tools ( a bit like my situation and im still BUILDING one instead of ordering a semi ok kit vs my UBER HOME BUILD COOLING SOLUTION OF ARCTIC PROPORTIONS ) ok ok so i went overboard again

dont settle for forth rate when you can easily buildt second rate without much trouble and a little more effort willput you into first rate catagory

First off, let me refer you to THIS thread :)

And then, check THIS thread out.

Also, there are The Cooling Stickies which contain a wealth of knowledge as well. :)

You say that you are pretty sure you are going to overclock: in my book that means it would be well worth the time and effort to learn about Water Cooling and then build your own system.

Any specifics you have questions about may be answered by old threads- the Search button (top right corner of every page in here) may find answers for you...
If not, we will :)

A quick Google search found two reviews from different sites:

The Aquarius II was reported as keeping a cpu temp about 1c hotter than an SLK-600 which is rather outdated for air cooling performance heatsinks. I'd say that one is a no-no for an overclocked system....

The other fared better, and was compared with a Swiftech mcx370 and a Volcano 6.....
The Iceberg fared better at 41c with 51c (Swiftech) and 58c (Volcano) but again- better aircooling solutions are out there.

But it looks like it is a....less bad deal anyway.
If your only possible choices for water cooling are those two I looks like you would do better with the Iceberg. :(

But I think you could get an aircooling solution that would be about as quiet and keep the cpu temp lower- would would allow a higher overclock, most likely.

yeah i would have taken air cooling over thouse other half *** "watercooling kits" lol
good decision

Back