• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudum

Registered
a 333 FSB x 10.5 = 3496.5 MHz
DDR2 800 ram underclocked to 667
Ratio is 1:1

OR

a 333 FSB x 11 = 3663 MHz
DDR2 800 ram still the same
ratio is 5:6

this is the best i can do. i can run a 400 MHz x 9 w/ a ratio of 1:1 but it degraded my hardware after 2 weeks and cant even run for over an hour w/out rebooting itself ( probably due to overvolting)

voltages above the first two choices are way below the max safe as i have researched so i need recommendations of which is the better of the two.

both are stable btw. over 10 hours of 3 tests each under prime95 and 10 hours of memtest

Moved this to general hardware for you. Without knowing anything about your hardware it will be hard for people to help really. However, out of the two choices, assuming you're not making sacrifices elsewhere (i.e. RAM timings), the second one is definitely better. Your CPU & RAM are both clocked higher. If it's stable, it's a win-win.

Back