• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would you sell this barebones for

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laststop420

Registered
I have an Antec 1200 case, Antec CPX form factor 850 watt cp-850 psu, Asus Sabertooth P67 motherboard, i5 2500k. I spent about 600 maybe slightly over for just these 4 components. They haven't ever been started up or used at all just opened up and the chip installed.

I have a friend that wishes to buy it but he's acting like the stuff is used cause i opened it and expects like 20% off. Is this normal for opened but completely unused products to lose that much value. I was thinking more like 600 would be a very fair price for these. The new egg retail cost is like 680 dollars I just got some good deals on ebay so I got it for 610 or so. But wouldn't 600 dollars be a fair price considering its about 100 cheaper after shipping fees compared to buying it from newegg and the only difference is the boxes were opened. They've never seen eelctricty yet.

Once you break the seals on just about anything... You're looking at getting used prices.

Sucks.. But it's just the way it is.

My suggestion if you don't want to take a hit... Keep the stuff and use it yourself!

Well I want to build an ivy bridge system using a 77 series motherboard. Maybe I'll just sell the motherboard and the chip as I really like the cpx power supply its supposed to be incredibly quiet. I paid 400 for them I'll only take a 30 dollar hit or so. If he says no then he can go spend 420 on newegg so i think he'll accept 370. We'll see I think I can work something pretty good out. I did want to get the cpx form factor cp-1000 so I could easily upgrade a single 7970 to crossfire.

deal done sold it for 550 dollars. He got a great deal. Lost 60 dollars but he did let me trade a 16gb micro sdhc for a 32gb micro sdhc card to use with my cowon j3 mp3 player to help make up for my loss. So in reality I didnt lose much and I had the 48GB of space maxed out with music so now that I have 64GB it's very much welcomed. Hopefully the 64GB cards work with the cowon players like they do with android phones. Then I can upgrade to that when i run out fo space at 64GB.

I'm going to go with an XL-ATX build for ivy bridge. I've always liked how the xl boards give you so much more room with pci-e cards.

You know that none of this stuff is coming out for another 4.5 months at least? And that there are Z68 motherboards that have full IB compatibility?

Back