• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a good Mechanical Keyboard for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it a levetron mech5? Thats the ONLY keyboard Im speaking of for their lineup. The rest is mostly crap IIRC.

Steelseries G6v2.
No bells and whistles, build to last, uses the excellent cherry mx switches and pricing is right.
Had mine for little over a year now and I have been nothing but happy.

Yes, the mech5 (red with detachable keypad).

What irks you about it? I looked round for ages, never found a bad or disfavorable review on it. Only "negatives" I found were for the "styling" and lack of LED's under the keys.

Not a fan of the design (too bulky), the software for creating macros is mediocre, the keypad continuously would become disconnected for no apparent reason (forcing me to unplug and plug it back in).

It has some interesting features like the mobile macro keys, but I never found them that convenient compared to the location on the left

Not a fan of the design (too bulky), the software for creating macros is mediocre, the keypad continuously would become disconnected for no apparent reason (forcing me to unplug and plug it back in).

It has some interesting features like the mobile macro keys, but I never found them that convenient compared to the location on the left

Hmm, I find the macro interface incredibly easy (click the button, assign what you want it to do), never had a moment of disconnect, and if you put the number pad to the left side, you can place the macro spot in between to get them out of the way. I've never used it though lol

Perhaps you have a defective unit? Entirely plausible lol. I enjoy it, and its built well for me and the many others that have it. Design is subjective, and I will admit its not the most glamorous design lol. Looks like batman would use it :shock:

Back