• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats diff between slk800u and slk800a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From what I've read:

SLK-800A comes with the addition of 4 more copper fins.

SLK-800U gets rid of the 3 prong clip system and relies on using the mounting holes on motherboards. And for P4s it has included mounting brackets.

saweeet so I am gunna go a unless I hear more about how the sk7 almosts ties the slk800a......hmmmm 20$ 20$????

the standard SLK800 has the straight fins on the side

the slk800a has the fins on the side turned over so you don't cut yourself.

the slk800u uses the bolt on system instead of the socket clip.

you can use a slk800 with clips on a p4 by using an adapter available from www.kdcomputers.com

i have one on my p4 when i had my slk800 on it. i plan to get another for it since the original slk800 is going on my amd xp system.

it works really well and provides a good solid base that you can use either the socket a clips or the standard intel mounting system.

so for performance is there gunna be a loss between the 800a and 800?....it doesn't seem to me like there would be:D

How about the SLK 900? is it better? Am using a Thermaltake spark 7 now for me P4, any suggestions or comparison between the 2 :) i need a good cooling for me cpu 47-48 idle 58-59 load :(

IS anyone using a SLK U version on a Soyo Dragon motherboard? Does it fit??????? These look like they would be tons better being mounted to the motherboard rather than clipped to the socket but I cant' find any info on what boards they fit other than the 4 listed at Thermalright.

I wonder if I should get a board with blt on wholes....I love the msi board tested very awsome but no holes.......is the slk900 really that much better or not at all??

I'll second the SLK 800U working well on an intel processer. I dropped my load temps 10+ degrees from the retail intel cooler. Plus it's super quiet with a panaflo fan on top. I'm sure there are other heatsinks for P4's that cool just as well but I'm pretty impresssed with this one.

Back