• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best componts a man can get for 1-1.5k cnd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cliffboss

Current machine is BSODing like crazy and I have a feeling it is the motherboard that is causing all my issues.

I haven't kept up with current generation of CPUs and GPUs review. Not really sure what is good out there.

Requirements:
1) $1000-$1500 budget
2) Geared towards gaming (primary) and software development (secondary)
3) Would like it to last 3 years without having to do any major upgrades

What I need:
* CPU
* GPU
* RAM
* Motherboard
* PSU

What resolutions do you plan on playing at?
Do you plan on overclocking?
I list without the Gpu, when the above is answered we can choose a Gpu.
If you really want to get the top of the line Cpu then drop the 4690k and go with the 4790k. Though for gaming it's not really necessary.
Capture2.PNG

What resolutions do you plan on playing at?
Do you plan on overclocking?
I list without the Gpu, when the above is answered we can choose a Gpu.
If you really want to get the top of the line Cpu then drop the 4690k and go with the 4790k. Though for gaming it's not really necessary.
View attachment 153398

Resolution: I have 2x 1920x1200 (But currently I only use the one when gaming)

As for overclocking not upfront, but maybe later on down the road.

For that resolution you will be fine with a AMD R9 290 or NVidia GTX 780, if you want to "Future Proof" as well as you can. Then just get a R9 290X or GTX 780 Ti.

May be worth waiting until after NV's Game 24 event on Sept. 18th to see what gets announced, could be some price drops.

Throw a 250GB Samsung Evo and 2TB WD Blue and your sitting pretty. If you don't need that much storage, 120GB\1TB will also do nicely. Case, can go cheap solid with a CM HAF or move up a little with a Corsair or NZXT. Pick to fit your likes.

Have to buy OS? If so that will eat a little.

If you don't want to wait, and you want it to last as long as possible... I'd buy a used 290X off bay. Don't think its worth spending $500 on a new one just because its so late into its product cycle. If you don't wanna risk that, then a 280X (Get Star Citizen package with it!) or GTX 770 4GB.

With 1500 to spend on just those components I suggest an X99 build with 16-32GB DDR4 and a 5820K CPU. 6 core for almost 4 core prices. Amazing. It's the newest shizzle! Jump on board@

If you want to save a little coin go with Devil's canyon and a 4790K. I prefer the ASRock extreme 6 to the Asus z97A but honestly, with the low price of the hex core CPU I would just go X99. DDR3 is pretty much dead. Socket 1156/55/50 is long in the tooth, you get less PCIE lanes... bleh I say.

I am going to keep my on the NV's Game 24 event on Sept. 18th.

Price drop would be great :)

Back