• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best ink jet for ~$100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just bought an Epson C64 at x-mas last year.... and it was alright at first but now its a big paper weight, one of the ink tanks went uptey and air got into the print heat which is NOT changable, so now it has a blocked black nozzle, so everything looks like crap. My parents bought a C84, very similar printer, it is a little better but it uses a LOT of ink. I would avoid Epson.

That said, I was always a Canon person, and after my sour Epson trial, I went out in a mad rush 2 months ago and bought a Canon i560 and I love it.... the print outs are amazing even on cheap paper. Does borderless prints, comes with great software and the whole works you could expect. Seperate ink tanks for each color and the ink lasts a LONG time, a replaceable print head. I have not had a single hiccup with this printer. Fast too, I think it was 18ppm in black and 10ppm in color. Cost me $170 Canadian, 2 months ago, so I would say in the US, it could be found at around $100-120 USD now. You won't regret buying thius printer.

yeah, I have the Canon i560 too. its great, perfect quality, fast with black and white, its pretty slow with the highest quality on the best paper, but its nice, just be sure to tell it what kind of paper your using, or it'll be messed up. I got it about half a year ago or so for $90 after rebates, so it was cheap, but one of the best i've had.

Stay away from Lexmark. they make **** printers with even ****tier drivers and software. On the one i had, i had to close the lexmark utilites so my computer would work and it kept freezing up and it was a pain in the ***.

madman22 said:
its pretty slow with the highest quality on the best paper

Pretty much every other printer is about the same with those conditions. But I will say though, that the quality of a pic at this setting will rival any 35mm photo on the right paper.

I've got a Canon S-450.
Worked great until the print heads went bad.
At least $70 to replace the 2 print heads.
Just as well buy a new printer, if you're going to blow $70 - $80.

Either the Canon i860 or the Epson R200. The Canon does better photo prints, but the Espon can print on inkjet-printable CD/DVD media. Your best bets for ~$100 printers are going to be either Canon or Epson, ignore all other brands in this price category.

I've had an i860 for 10 months. No regrets. It's even easy to refill the ink containers.

Back