• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best way to make a CPU keychain?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
haha, you guys still think there's a chance it's still alive? I mean like the pins have been touched by people's fingers and all. And, this cpu did come directly from AMD. I dunno why they wouldn't have tested it...How would I test it anyway after I spent the $30 + $3.85?

Last edited:
Failing that you could always sell it on ebay for about $400 as 'unknown condition' - they sell crap like that all the time on there. Also IF you do manage to fix it, contact your... contact, you'll get a sweet job at AMD :)

"If the processor fails to boot there is no charge other than return shipping (if you want the processor back)."

It doesn't matter if it's not alive :) But there's a heck of a lot more than 5 pins to fix up, I'd estimate 30 or so. So assuming $6 a pin then you're looking at $150 to get it fixed (which is still a good deal for a FX53, especially as it doesn't cost you anything if it is broken :) ). I'd personally say it's highly unlikely that its still alive (especially as the bent pins don't appear to have been caused by inproper insertion into a socket), but you haven't got too much to lose :)

Well I sent him an email to see how stuff goes. Man, if I got a free FX-53 out of this...damn...hehe. I'll be sure to let my AMD guy know hehe.

since i told you do i git a suposed dead cpu ;) :p naw im j/k hope it works out for you im glad i caught you in time i would hate to see such a great cpu die of such a horid death

Oh while we're at it, is there a way your amd guy can hook me up with some cpu storage cases/plastic vacum molded oem containers? Been searching around for some for a long time.

o sorry i for got to mention the fx is a socket 940 the 939 has two squares on the top and two triangles on the bottom the 940 has one square on top one triangle on top and two triangles on the bottom

yea I know. The OPN code is AT so that means sledgehammer, which means 940. If it does get working, I'm gonna sell it away and get a FX-53 939. (I don't want to spend $$ and get registered ram). IF it doesn't work, which is what I'm guessing. I'm gonna sell it off on ebay as unknown condition and go get me A64 mobo and cpu. Hopefully I can get the AMD guy to hook me up :). I actually know 2 of them. So chances are I can get one of them to hook me up. hehe.

To the original question, if you actually still want a keychain, the easiest way is to pick up a celeron 733/128/66/1.7v (or any CPU with a similar substrate)... You can probably pick one up for, well, about the price of a keychain. :)

The package on this CPU can be drilled rather easily - I drilled a hole through mine with a box cutter actually:

attachment.php

What? Selling it on ebay as unknown condition? That's a little cheap if you ask me. That's one of the reasons that I hesitate to buy off the forums or ebay, cause people sell things that are either broken or are about to die on them. If you can fix it, I'd sell it, but if you can't, just make a keychain out of it. It would give you something to show off to your friends, and you don't end up selling it for a huge amount of money to some guy that doesn't know any better.

enduro said:
What? Selling it on ebay as unknown condition? That's a little cheap if you ask me. That's one of the reasons that I hesitate to buy off the forums or ebay, cause people sell things that are either broken or are about to die on them. If you can fix it, I'd sell it, but if you can't, just make a keychain out of it. It would give you something to show off to your friends, and you don't end up selling it for a huge amount of money to some guy that doesn't know any better.

I agree that is just low :mad:

second year EECS

selling it unknown? yea I guess I won't do that. It is low. Someone suggested it though, heh.

Ok, I was hoping you might be further into it than that so maybe you could answer some questions I had about tunneling probabilities (current leakage for the engineering folks out there :) )

Anyway, Berkeley's a very prestigious university so congrats and good luck.

Vector said:
Ok, I was hoping you might be further into it than that so maybe you could answer some questions I had about tunneling probabilities (current leakage for the engineering folks out there :) )
heh, yea I haven't hit any that material yet. heh.
Vector said:
Anyway, Berkeley's a very prestigious university so congrats and good luck.
Thanks.

Back