• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the verdict on v1.9 final BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mattyhayden said:
Very interesting?

Speed up NV/ATI, ? Fast writes ? Sideband On or Off ??
I have NV/ATI Speed up disabled. Fast writes and Sideband I had disabled until I got the OC I wanted and then I enabled them without a problem. You don't want to have anything that might cause instability enabled when you are overclocking as it just confuses things. If you reach a stable overclock and enable them and have instability you will know exactly where the problem lies.

I tried out the new 1.9 bios from MSI, and I would have to say that I can achive higher clocks now, Im currently still in the testing phase, but it seems my 3200+ doesnt like high HTT and low timings with 1T. I can run 270htt 1:1 with 2.5-3-3-7 2T, on 1.48vcore. So far going on 14 horus prime stable. So I think there is a problem with the Venice cores and 1T on the MSI boards.

Can't say I am a big fan of 1.9. After switching from 1.9B to 1.9 oem my coputer is acting all kinds of weird. I turned it off for the night then this morning I had to reset bios to get it to boot. It seams as soon as I change cpu voltage to plus 5% things go wrong.

turbotoy said:
Can't say I am a big fan of 1.9. After switching from 1.9B to 1.9 oem my coputer is acting all kinds of weird. I turned it off for the night then this morning I had to reset bios to get it to boot. It seams as soon as I change cpu voltage to plus 5% things go wrong.

I had the same problem when I flashed to 1.9 Mod. If you select clear CMOS in winflash, the crash/beeps went away.

Turbotoy

I'm still using v1.8 and the 5% always causes problems booting no matter what the other settings are, really weird. I heard others say that they have problems with the 5% over as well.

Well, I like this 1.9 but as long as we are talking about problems, the old fluctuating temps are back. I boot up and in two seconds my temps read 44 degrees before falling back to 35. They also bump up and down by 5 degrees when I'm not even running anything. I swear, MSI techs must be on hard drugs, cause nothing else seems to explain these strange bios updates.

Okay when using a known stable bios setting on 1.8 then flash to 1.9. no boot. I am having to find a stable voltage and OC all over again. Besides that it looks okay. (unless I can't get back to where I was!!!!!:)

turbotoy said:
Okay when using a known stable bios setting on 1.8 then flash to 1.9. no boot. I am having to find a stable voltage and OC all over again. Besides that it looks okay. (unless I can't get back to where I was!!!!!:)
I hope by that you don't mean that you were overclocking when you flashed it to the new bios because that's not a good idea. (I have done it by accident and gotten away with it but it's not a good practice) Good luck with the overclock.

I am of the opinion that if you can't do everything you want overclocked then that overclock isn't stable. I have alwaysed flash my boards overclocked. But all my boards pass minimum 24 hours prime stable then I memtest 24 hours just to be sure. I currently 265x9 @1.47 24hour prime stable. If I have time I am going to try and get back to 275x9 like I was with 1.8. (Mem not at 1:1.) I have tried moving back and forth at default settings because I thought the same thing as you. I know it has something to do with my previous overclocked settings and 1.9. I just need to find the sweet spot again.

turbotoy said:
I am of the opinion that if you can't do everything you want overclocked then that overclock isn't stable. I have alwaysed flash my boards overclocked. But all my boards pass minimum 24 hours prime stable then I memtest 24 hours just to be sure.
I agree with you about stability,(I Prime for 12 hours) but I figure it never hurts to be overly cautious.

rseven said:
I agree with you about stability,(I Prime for 12 hours) but I figure it never hurts to be overly cautious.
Agreed. Thats what tin foil hats are for.

Anyway, I was playing with my T settings on the 1.8 bios and seemed to have blown my board. Has anyone played with these in 1.9? and anyone getting good results?

Bhugarov said:
I'm still using v1.8 and the 5% always causes problems booting no matter what the other settings are, really weird. I heard others say that they have problems with the 5% over as well.

I've been running at 1.55 + 5% which nets me 1.55-1.57V measured at the socket and it's just fine for my setup and overclock. Just FWIW

Hoot

Hoot said:
I've been running at 1.55 + 5% which nets me 1.55-1.57V measured at the socket and it's just fine for my setup and overclock. Just FWIW

Hoot

Why use 1.55? I thought none of the settings over 1.45 worked?

rseven: To keep 'them' out?

Hoot said:

Hoot

How does that work? You must have a good board. My voltage is at 1.55 or so and I am getting 1.41 vcore.

MoPMatrix said:
Why use 1.55? I thought none of the settings over 1.45 worked?

exactly.

1.55 + 5% should really be 1.63V.

on MSI Neo2, its better using the 5%, 8%, 10%, 13% etc to boost your CPU Vcore, and leave the voltage at 1.45V (the board undervolts by .5).

Back