• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats with this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicayotte

Hello i am new to overclocking, this is what i am experiencing atm with my qx6850 QQ Extreme on a EVGA 750i..

Its set at 3.150 (350X 9.0) but it will drop down to 2100 (350 X 6.0) why is happening and what can i do fix it. Is it just core temp that's fed up or is it something else. I noticed this before i even started to overclock it but i thought nothing of it.

cpu-alternate.jpg

Disable SpeedStep (EIST) / C1E in the BIOS, if you're not interested in the power saving features of the CPU.

it is going to work cause that is whats going on... speedstep/EIST function is to lower the multi for a slower clock speed to reduce power used by the computer in a idle state.

You don't need to disable it unless it hampers your OC in the first place.

It is useful if you spend alot of time away from the pc whilst it is idle, saves you some money for nothing but if it makes your pc hang due to it being overclocked then just turn it off.

actually doesn't save you that much. i think 35bucks a year if you're running your pc all the time.

its more of a feature for companies running 500 server pcs at a time, 24/7 and so on.

if it was a feature for servers then why is it on desktop cpus? the extreme line is not a server line...

Back