• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your air cooling case setup like?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmmmm, now I see why people keep asking about the V6, V8 and V10 coolers despite their lacklustre performance.... They look damn cool when turned on!

here's mine, before I got a couple of PAPST fan :clap:

ilia0xfwha21j4bn696c.jpg

and a better view for the guts of my rig :D

86qte2yoat9ulwdqxzqu.jpg

inVain, I've been looking into the possibility of flipping my CPU cooler into that vertical orientation, did you need any special adapters to do it?

no mikeyw, no special adapter at all....

everything @stock mounting kits to do it :)

Hey mikey, it generally just comes down to your choice of cooler. Some coolers only allow one orientation, others will support both.... At least that true of AMD boards, not 100% about Intels.....

The Cooler Master Hyper 212+ or 212 EVO for example will allow for both orientations on AMD rigs. a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 will only go on one way as it uses AMD's stock retention mechanism. Can only blow up, not ideal if you case doesn't have top fans.

This build is about a month old. Just installed the CM 212+ a few days ago, had to reseat it about 5 times to get the thermal paste application right but it seems to be cooling pretty well now. Excuse the cables, I've since cleaned them up a bit.

IMGP9999.jpg

I've got 1 200mm pulling in the front, 1 200mm exhausting up the top, 1 120mm exhausting out the back, and 2 120mm on the cooler itself. I have 2 120mm Ultra Kazes on their way, one for the cooler and one for the rear exhaust.

just updated my build not that long ago, i have:
2 x 140mm intake (front)
2 x silverstone air penetrator 120mm ( 5.25 bays behind the top 140mm instake)
2 x 140mm Exhaust (top)
3 x NoiseBlocker M-12 2 (one my venomous X 1 as exhaust)
1 x GELID ICY VISION cooling my HD6870
That makes 9 fans in total :thup:

RIMG1073-3.jpg

Last edited:
Back