• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your CPU Temp ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Hey guys , just wanted to do a comparison of my CPU Temp with you guys.
So please state out your CPU , CPU Cooler and the MAX Temp you get when your CPU is under load below , please do state what method you use either a Benchmark program / Gaming etc doesn't matter. Monitoring program used.
If possible your room temp too.

Here's mine.

CPU : i5 3550 @ 3.3 Ghz 1.2V (On Load)
CPU Cooler : Enermax ELC-120-TA (1300 RPM both fans constant , no special thermal paste just normal ones )
Testing Method : Gaming
Monitoring Program : Core Temp 1.0 RC4
Room Temp : 30 - 33 Celcius

Core 1 : 59 ºC
Core 2 : 57 ºC
Core 3 : 60 ºC
Core 4 : 56 ºC

62C (measured with coretemp) with a Folding load in an 85F room. And all it took was a Hyper 212 Evo with an upgraded fan and a nice Delta with Cindy Wu technology in the side panel.

CPU : delided i7 3770k @ 4.7 Ghz 1.272v
CPU Cooler : ekHF block with Swiftech H20-X20 240mm rad
Testing Method : LinX linpack 20 runs 3+ hours :popcorn:
Monitoring Program : Real temp 3.70
Room Temp : 21-24c

Core 1 : 50 ºC
Core 2 : 59 ºC
Core 3 : 56 ºC
Core 4 : 57 ºC

Attachments

• LinX 4.7Ghz 1.275v 1.75pll.jpg
    LinX 4.7Ghz 1.275v 1.75pll.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 106
25C goes to max of 30C

Are you serious or are you trolling around......
Or do you meant by your Idling temp , if it's Idling it's true but what I wanted was MAX Temp on LOAD :shrug:

CPU : delided i7 3770k @ 4.7 Ghz 1.272v
CPU Cooler : ekHF block with Swiftech H20-X20 240mm rad
Testing Method : LinX linpack 20 runs 3+ hours :popcorn:
Monitoring Program : Real temp 3.70
Room Temp : 21-24c

Core 1 : 50 ºC
Core 2 : 59 ºC
Core 3 : 56 ºC
Core 4 : 57 ºC

Wao that's one amazing temperature ! But Im not so sue what's LinX linkpack lol , it pushes your CPU hard ?
But hey a 240mm Rad Water Cooling ! And with room temp that low , if it's running high as mine , might as well throw the thing out of the window lol :D

Is there a way to enlarge your image, I couldn't really see it.

Are you serious or are you trolling around......
Or do you meant by your Idling temp , if it's Idling it's true but what I wanted was MAX Temp on LOAD :shrug:

Wao that's one amazing temperature ! But Im not so sue what's LinX linkpack lol , it pushes your CPU hard ?
But hey a 240mm Rad Water Cooling ! And with room temp that low , if it's running high as mine , might as well throw the thing out of the window lol :D

Is there a way to enlarge your image, I couldn't really see it.

Well I am not trolling I am about to overclock my cpu this week those are stock temps.

-8350@210*[email protected]+/-.02
-51C core on OCCT
~27C ambient
Antec k920 with Nidec AP31 fans and extra COOLIT Eco Rad with NF-P12 filled with Mayhems X1

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 91
-8350@210*[email protected]+/-.02
-51C core on OCCT
~27C ambient
Antec k920 with Nidec AP31 fans and extra COOLIT Eco Rad with NF-P12 filled with Mayhems X1

Nice , have you saw Antec's new H2o 1220 Kuhler ? Finally they deciding to make a 240mm Rad , or was it 280mm :-/
But I looks great

Well I am not trolling I am about to overclock my cpu this week those are stock temps.

yeah saw the new wave of AIO coolers. But they are all the same sh**. Next month my WC loop parts will arrive and i'm gonna retire this one as backup.

yeah saw the new wave of AIO coolers. But they are all the same sh**. Next month my WC loop parts will arrive and i'm gonna retire this one as backup.

And I must say, even though ur running a FX 8350 , that's actually a really good temp ! Your keep it under 60 C.

But I recall AMD themselves said it's sort of a normal thing for their FX goes over 60 C , well I do know that CPU can easily touch 70 - 80 C no problems.

But I would prefer best if they can stay below 60 C , I guess the FX CPU doesn't burn up as bad as people claimed to be.

But I do have to point out ur's a thick Rad compared to my Enermax ELC-120-TA, I might not able to achieve that good temp. Not to mention the heat of my room temp , being Im in a tropical country my ambient temp is bout 30 - 33 C ( outdoors easily touche 33 - 36 C )

But hey point being is there's prove someone is running it under 60 C here :thup:

How much RPM are the fans running on ?

yes under 60. but the noise is unbearable. that was with the 2x ap31 at full speed if i leave them on auto the temps will go over 60 the liquid temp over 42 and probably it whould burst the fittings or radiator or tubes.

EDIT: This should arrive on the 10 of july

yes under 60. but the noise is unbearable. that was with the 2x ap31 at full speed if i leave them on auto the temps will go over 60 the liquid temp over 42 and probably it whould burst the fittings or radiator or tubes.

EDIT: This should arrive on the 10 of july

Yikes = =
Went and search on the fan , this baby can goes up high as 5400 RPM lol
Hmm if the noise is as loud as you said to keep it under 60 C that's rather not acceptable in my case. But you OCed it right ? I guess even so and it's under
60 C for a FX CPU , that's great :thup: Hope your new water cooling kit will improve the noise problem.

LinX is just like Intel burn test just posted that because I had the screenshot same result with Intel burn test max temp 59c on core two. To view that screenshot just right click and click view image and it should show the native res.

LinX is just like Intel burn test just posted that because I had the screenshot same result with Intel burn test max temp 59c on core two. To view that screenshot just right click and click view image and it should show the native res.

Im curios , how is it your able to run on an OCed 4.7 Clock while only at 1.272V , isn't that kinda like the stock Voltage ? I thought usually you had to increase your voltage to have the CPU running stable ? Most I see they be running on 1.5V at least. I don't OC , so that's why Im asking such a stupid question :p

Intel I2500K @ 5Ghz 1.6Vcore

Coooling: EK supreme LT CPU block, Black Ice StealthGT 3x 120 RAD. Six Xigmatek fans in push/pull, XSPC 750 res/pump combo.

30mins Prime95 (64-bit)

Max temp 82c. Ambient around 23c

FX6300 @ 4.4g w 1.35v 18c-46C. For me is all about strong air flow.My main case has (2)120's intake, (1) 140 behind hdds, directing air over video card (1) 120 exhaust, and (2) top 140's on top.Another 2 fans for push and pull on a 212 Evo.

Gaming rig same set up, but front has (3)120''s, (2) back 120's, (2) top 140's, (2) on a 212 Evo.Now its sits empty :( waiting for a Haswell, and a gtx 770 when I get the cash.

The back PCI slots that are not in use, are vented.Best way to beat the dust, less restriction, and keep your parts cool.

Last edited:
Intel I2500K @ 5Ghz 1.6Vcore

Coooling: EK supreme LT CPU block, Black Ice StealthGT 3x 120 RAD. Six Xigmatek fans in push/pull, XSPC 750 res/pump combo.

30mins Prime95 (64-bit)

Max temp 82c. Ambient around 23c

Wao that really burns lol , but your on 5 Ghz @ 1.6V understandable. Meet someone on the forum did something like yours too , but on an Ivy Bridge.
Had it up to 5 Ghz too , his bout 85C I recall. But couldn't remember what cooling he used.

Back