• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats your favorite _____ ? Ver. 1.0 Whats your favorite console game of all time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would be either Dueling Dragons for SNES or Halo or Forza Motorsport for Xbox. I like alot, but those I keep going back to.

Maybe this is a boring answer but: Super Mario Bros. 3 :shrug:

I grew up on it and played it for hundreds of hours. My Nintendo has long since died, but I discovered emulators a while back and so I purchased controllers for my PC just to play the Super Mario Bros NES/SNES games. :)

jivetrky said:
Maybe this is a boring answer but: Super Mario Bros. 3 :shrug:

It might be a boring answer, but it's the same one I had the second I read the question. Thinking back on it, I can't believe the time I spent playing that game. I got to the point where I was timing my runs through it and beat it many times without losing a life. It's almost sad to think about now, I miss those old platform games. I would have to say, the original Metroid runs a mighty close second to SMB3, I would love to able to play that again these days.

XxNightfirexX said:
It might be a boring answer, but it's the same one I had the second I read the question. Thinking back on it, I can't believe the time I spent playing that game. I got to the point where I was timing my runs through it and beat it many times without losing a life. It's almost sad to think about now, I miss those old platform games. I would have to say, the original Metroid runs a mighty close second to SMB3, I would love to able to play that again these days.

Ahhh that's right I forgot about that! I used to try playing all the way through without loosing a life and also play for time as well. Awesome games :)

hah, think Mario 3 is boring, and over-done?

Mine is Final Fantasy 7. how's THAT for over-done?

But in 2nd place would HAVE to be Chrono Trigger for the SNES! such a great game.....

/me starts eyeballing my SNES and Chrono Trigger game....

Halo (the original) for xbox. No doubt.

I STILL play it 6 years later. Can't say that of any other game I have ever had.

- Blackstar

I've got a few:

shooter:Galaga 90 for TG16
sports: ESPN NFL 2K5 for Xbox
platformer: Aria of Sorrow for Nintendo DS
classic: Donkey Kong for Colecovision
RPG: Knights of the Old Republic: Xbox
FPS: haven't found one I've liked yet
Strategy: Defender of the Crown C64/GBA/NES (many incarnations)

teenage teenage mutant ninja turtles IV: turtles in time on SNES. I grew up on that game.

FudgeNuggets said:
I've got a few:

shooter:Galaga 90 for TG16
sports: ESPN NFL 2K5 for Xbox
platformer: Aria of Sorrow for Nintendo DS
classic: Donkey Kong for Colecovision
RPG: Knights of the Old Republic: Xbox
FPS: haven't found one I've liked yet
Strategy: Defender of the Crown C64/GBA/NES (many incarnations)

Galaga 90 now on Wii Virtual Console... woohooo!!!! No longer have to drag out the TG16 and Hu Card

The only thing that pops into my head right now is Revenge of Shinobi for the genesis.

Though my greatest victory was probably over the last boss in Ghostbusters for the Genesis.

rainless said:
The only thing that pops into my head right now is Revenge of Shinobi for the genesis.

Though my greatest victory was probably over the last boss in Ghostbusters for the Genesis.

You beat Ghostbusters?

Your perserverence is legendary:D

OC Noob said:
You beat Ghostbusters?

Your perserverence is legendary:D

Ghostbusters for the Master System is actually playable compared to it's NES counterpart.

The Angry Video Game Nerd did a trilogy of all the Ghostbusters games.

Back