• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When Updating Intel Rapid Driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

My friend has a custom built PC from overclockers.co.uk and I've been cleaning out the rubbish and freed up some space and looked into updating his drivers we've done the GPU and I was looking into the Intel Rapid Storage Driver. At first I thought it was the same chipset as mine but close inspection shows he has the Enterprise edition installed.

OC.co.uk have put his PC in RAID mode but he's only using a 1x 1TB HDD which is odd anyway is it safe to update within Windows 7 from V3.0 to V3.6.

Thanks

The BIOS is set to RAID but he only has 1 drive? Well its not really going to hurt anything performance wise... updating the Intel RST will be safe because that drive is a non-member drive.

The BIOS is set to RAID but he only has 1 drive? Well its not really going to hurt anything performance wise... updating the Intel RST will be safe because that drive is a non-member drive.

Yeah they have put it under RAID mode in his BIOS at first I asked if they had put 2x 500GB drives in as a RAID system but he said no it's only got 1x 1TB drive in which is a very odd setup. I updated his driver and everything was fine in January I've convinced him to buy a 128GB SSD to he can put his OS on it only and move his music/pics/videos/steam and origin games to the 1TB as a slave.

He's got loads of games installed and it takes a while to load up

Shouldn't hurt to update them, I'm running on Intel RST. version 12.8.0.1016 according to the user interface. (Under Windows of course not the BIOS ;) )

Though running RAID with one drive is odd, but won't hurt the system.

Back