• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I find legitimate copies of windows 7 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junior000

Registered
I want to do a new install on a fresh hard drive and I hate the later versions of windows.

I'm prepared to pay for another licence and before anyone says I know that MS are retracting support for this OS in 2020 I don't give a ****. The later versions to me are garbage.

Windows 7 copies aren't sold through retail channels any more, to my knowledge.

they are on places like amazon or ebay if you have a look

Yes, but finding them in a legitimate retail setting does not happen. It is always third party sellers.
The only way I've seen an authorized copy of Windows 7 being sold these days, through a Microsoft partner, is if you find a new pre-built PC with 7 on it.

You started a thread asking where to find a legit source... then your next post tells us where to find it.

Are you set, knowing where to find it already or can we help further? :)

Note, none of the Amazon ones are actually sold by Amazon.
I'm shocked there is still stock at Newegg...

Granted but the one I listed is "Fulfilled by Amazon" which tends to be pretty reliable and legitimate vs "sold and shipped" by third party

Granted but the one I listed is "Fulfilled by Amazon" which tends to be pretty reliable and legitimate vs "sold and shipped" by third party

Legitimate in the mind of Microsoft and legitimate in Amazon having your back when buying a physical product are two different things.

I want to do a new install on a fresh hard drive and I hate the later versions of windows.

Is the User Interface the only reason you hate Windows 8, because if it is, you can make Windows 8 look identical to Windows 7, just checking.

Is the User Interface the only reason you hate Windows 8, because if it is, you can make Windows 8 look identical to Windows 7, just checking.

I'm not a particular fan of Windows 8 (and still run windows 7 on my primary PC), but if I were looking at purchasing out of pocket I would definitely go with 8 for a variety of reasons [extended support/compatibility being the biggest]. You might also find cheaper Windows 8 licenses since it's still being sold and demand for them isn't particularly high. I think this is a great suggestion. ;)

Once the user interface is set to be identical to Windows 7, a quick and painless procedure for anyone posting on this forum, how can you tell that it is worse than Windows 7, just out of curiosity?

Once the user interface is set to be identical to Windows 7, a quick and painless procedure for anyone posting on this forum, how can you tell that it is worse than Windows 7, just out of curiosity?

I really can't. The only reason I've kept 7 at this point is sheer laziness and the fact I don't really need an upgrade for any reason (everything I need still works fine in 7).

Back