• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where else are Reviews?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drathozark

Registered
This might need to be in the water cooling thread itself, but I thought I'd put it here because it is a more general question.

I'm in the process of building my first water cooling loop. (See: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715568) And I'm having some difficulty in the parts comparison portion of planning it all out.

I've tried looking at both Skinnee's and Martin's pages, but can't seem to find the parts I've tentatively selected to compare them against a broader range of possible parts. It doesn't look like Martin's page is even updated anymore, despite it being linked to me among Conumdrum's 'top' links. As for Skinnee's page, it doesn't seem to have any 2012 block reviews out yet.

I'm wondering if there is anywhere else I might try looking. Thanks in advance!

Skinnee is on a long haitus. Martin is done testing for good. Try Xtreme Systems forums, a good top place also, not as busy as this tho. You'll have to dig through posts, the don't really have updated stickies.

Blocks haven't changed much, but in the WC subforum we discuss them quite a bit. Try that forum.

Yea, my list is outdated but it's what we have now, best we can do. You find a good link I can add it.

More just due to a lack of websites in general. The kind of scientific, specific testing requires a lot of know-how, money, proper equipment, and most of all, time. Mostly just that the guys who can and want to do it like Skinnee and Martin try, but real life just takes over sometimes.

Alright then.. Time to dig around and then present a few different choices on my actual build thread. I was hoping to read comparisons that would be able to point me towards more reliable but frugal options without giving much performance up. Instead, I'll hope someone is nice enough to chime in with reasoned opinions. Thanks!

Granted. But we'll have to wait and see. The 2011 and 2012 blocks are soo close, your almost dealing with measuring instument errors now.

Pick one good CPU block, it's good for a few years and within 1C for regular folks. You'll never know the diff.

+1 conundrum
many gains are minimal these days with blocks until the next big adaptation that happens with them any block is going to work just fine i have a maze4 (that uses old tech not microfins ) i used to bench 775 chips and even with my q8300 @4.1ghz and 1.45v it was keeping it in safe temps under 70c (calculator says the chip is dumping over 200w at those clocks and voltages)

its that old
12_thumb.jpg

The real reason I was searching for something like charts is because I'd like to do my best to balance the bank and the performance. I don't want my bank falling off the wagon and breaking. :D Thanks for the replies though!

I've decided to go through each block I can find, get a lowest price, then pick based on user reviews and which looks best.

Make sure it has an 'unobtainium' metal heatplate.

Wiki it for fun!

I went for a 3 phase knutenvalve adaptor for my flow rate issues.

And better asked in the WC forum, so you can ask a mod to move the whole thread there.

Back