• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy Deep Blue Dye-lite?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JeffP said:
I have some coming from this place. Hope this helps.

http://www.criticool.com/7accessories.html

Can also use this for anti-alge buildup.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ex-liq-03.html

Notice the small amount you have to use. So the rest can be distilled water and the couple of drops of die. No need for coolant.

You might want a little bit of antifreeze in there. You will get a bit of corrosion over time even with distilled water. For a copper only loop, 5-10% is plenty.

blue makes the water oh so pretty......
IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

Liquid_Cooled said:
blue makes the water oh so pretty......
IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg
That's cold blooded you know that right? What ever happend to sharing with other fellow members of similar interest? What's your address? In the middle of the night I'll carry the water away in a bucket and leave you $5 :D Deal?

uclajd said:
Why do you guys use anti-freeze? The thermal properties of glycol only degrade the cooling performance of straight water (glycol has less than half of the thermal conductivity of water). :confused:

I use distilled water and a dash of Hy-perlube , just as I do in my car (Hyperlube has anti-corrosion additives, which I doubt any bugs can live in either). I haven't changed my lines in over a year, and it works great. Of course, it isn't cool blue (it's green), so blue dye only gives you a lighter green color (I haven't thoroughly tested blues dyes). But if you want color over performance, so be it. :-/

Antifreeze is for people using chillers who don't want their lines to freeze. Bad for ambient water cooling.

actually you can't even measure the difference between 10%antifreeze and 90%water and 100% water

Why bother with Hy-perlube anyway when there's Hydrx? People use antifreeze because it's cheap and readily available and can be found in lots of different colors. Bling factor is HIGHLY important for watercooling.

the deep blue dye im using isnt UV reactive at all, it just makes the water a bluish color. you cant add Blue UV dye to it (which is usually clear in normal light) to the mixture , that way itll be both blue under normal light and UV. The place i bought mine from doesnt carry it anymore, and ive tried to locate it at other sites, but no luck. all i know is that its called deep blue dyelite (supposedly...). if you look up the differant types dyelite, there are ALOT, for many differant purposes. and theres quite a few differant types of blue dyelite, so i dont really know which one im using exactly....

Finally my search is over... It should arrive Friday, via USPS. I ordered it from www.aquastealth.com for anyone who wants to know.

They told me I got the last bottle of it, but it never hurts to try.
I emailed them and asked even though it wasn't on their website and I got lucky :D.
Now to get the audi/VW anti-freeze and I'll be on my way.

I spent several hours searching for deep blue dye-lite and couldn't find anything. The closet I could find is wildfire's UV reactive water dyes. They have a deep blue water dye. Its 25 bucks or so for a sample pack of dyes, including Invisible blue, bright orange, bright yellow, and deep blue.

I just received the dyes today. They came very well packaged in a 10x9x12 inch box full of packing peanuts. Inside that was a second box 7x3x6, also filled with packing peanuts. The dye itself comes in 4 small plastic bottles sealed in a plastic bag. The plastic bag is important! I discovered that during shipment one of the bottles leaked, coating all 4 in deep blue dye. Luckily I still have plenty left. I carefully cut the bag open and dumped the 4 bottles into my sink and cleaned them off, Most of the dye came off without the need to rub or anything. The dye I got on my hands washed off partially, but did stain my skin. DONT GET THIS STUFF ON YOUR CLOTHING!

Once I cleaned off the bottles, I held them under a black light. No reaction at all. Less is more with this stuff. As I want blue coolant, I tested the deep blue stuff first. 2 drops into 500 ml of tap water and I got a nice blue color in regular light, very close to liquid's coolant, maybe even a bit darker. Under UV, it turns a pleasant bright blue. Unless someone can tell me a good horror story about wildfire dye, I’m going to use it. I'll post some pics of the blue stuff tomorrow, and test the other dyes.

Socket7 is a happy boy tonight. :clap:

Took a crappy cell phone cam pic of the water. I added some more dye, and it's become a much deeper blue now

DeepBlueWildfire.jpg

Back