• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 64fx-53 motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nan0_man

I've read the sticky's and can't make up my mind. 939/940 pin. the pc is going to be mainly for video editing and gaming. And, I do need it now so I cant wait for the nvid4. Thanks in advance.

940 pin uses registered ram which is a bit more expensive. Unless you really want a motherboard that can also accept an opteron, I think 939 is a better choice.

MSI K8N neo2 for 939 so far has been the best board that I've owned. And 940 is basicaly a server platform requiring registered Ram.
Steer clear of the abit option, as it Did not impress me , and had many bugs for overclocking. The Asus 939 board, was OK but make sure you can pick up a non- wifi version as that would be rev 2. (this means gauranteed PCI locks)

Of the 3 boards I've owned the MSI was the best by far. (And I hated MSI in the past) There are other options, but DFI is not one of them for 939 yet. And i realy cant comment on the others as I have not tried them first hand.

Back