• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Which case do i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First thing I would do is get a second stick of RAM so you can run dual channel. It's a very nice performance gain.

You can't find the M59 because it has been discontinued by NZXT.
Look at the NZXT Source lineup, the Source 220 is quite a nice case.

I would urge you to look at the Pentium G3258 instead of the Athlon X4. In comparative benchmarks an overclocked Pentium G gets sometimes 2X the framerate of the Athlon on high end GPUs. Even on lower end GPUs there are noticeable gains.
You can OC the Pentium on a low end board (ask in Intel Motherboards forum) with a cheap Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heatsink. It's worth it. Don't buy the Athlon.

The performance differences can be fairly game dependent. Some games there is quite a difference others its close. This is just for gaming though, and only games that make no use of 4 cores. So its really a toss up which will be better.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pentium-g3258-overclocking-performance,3849-4.html

Exactly, and games are using more than two cores pretty regularly in new releases.

Also, that review had the Pentium at 4.7GHz, which most people I've seen on this forum have been topping out around 4.3-4.4GHz.

Back