• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which hdmi port asus n550jv has? ok to go with 4k monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samzzz

Hi,
I have Asus n550jv laptop with 750m nvedia. i am considering 4k monitor(getting good deal). I know this card not suitable for 4k resolution, but I can stick to 30 hz . The real issue is, to go with 4k monitor, whether my hdmi port is 1.4 or above or not, as its no where mentioned in specifications. Is there anyway i can figure out which hdmi my laptop has?
My primarily use for system will be 3d design and graphic design.

I would contact Asus and ask this question. But I am skeptical about what you are wanting to do. This laptop has a fourth generation Intel CPU and chipset and a rather dated Nvidia 750 GPU on it and I would be wondering if all that predates 4k technology, at least in the since of when 4k became more mainstream such that Asus would have been thinking of building in that capability to the laptop. And even if you can get it to work at all, will it work well enough to be as good or better than using 1080p?

Last edited:
hi, thanks for replying.
I am planing to move to new cpu, but it will take few weeks to meet my budget lines. till that I need a second monitor for my laptop. so i just need it work for few weeks with laptop till i get my new system.
Thanks.

Back