• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which i7 motherboards can support 21x multi LOCK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't get it? just use cputweaker, under cpu tab enable turbo, disable C1E, set your multi to the max and leave eist on and call it a day.... No need of hacked bios here

icebob, i think if that worked a modded bios wouldn't have been created. as i understand it, the purpose of this thread was to figure out which motherboards actually support a locked 21x multi. like on my UD4p i can try every combination of EIST, C1, and C3/5/7 states in the bios in using various in-windows tweakers and my multi never locks at 21, the same as most people have experiences with x58 boards.

if you look around at performance comparisons on 920's (or other i7's), a 'solid' overclock is faster than a turbo overclock. i.e. with 4.2ghz 210*20 is faster than 200*21, but not by much.

EDIT: i was just looking through some UD4P threads, and a new bios was released (F10H) that allows a 21x multi in the bios (currently on F8 it is 20x)

Last edited:
Yes, true, but sometimes reaching 210 blck isnt the easiest for some boards/cpus. Also, for people like me who bought 1600mhz ram and it wont overclock well, 200blck is perfect for the 8 divider.

Also, it takes a bit more voltage to hit 210x20 than it does to hit 200x21. I will take 200x21 all day long in my situation. Not only that, getting the 21x multi allowed me to hit another 219 mhz on my maximum clock (board maxes @ 219 bclk).

Back