• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which is better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cfcaln65

hi all, just a quick one what do people prefere hdmi or dp and is there marked differences ive tried both and i cant really say which one i prefer

How much it matters depends on what versions HDMI &/or DP your GPU supports, as well as what versions your monitor supports (and cables). If you are running a monitor at 1080p resolution & 60Hz refresh rate it doesn't matter at all.

A monitor with a 165Hz refresh rate needs a DP cable to reach 165. HDMI will top out at 120-144Hz depending on versions, for example.

Spot on ^^.

It's not so much a preference as to what your system needs and requires. That said, I just run with DP because my GPU + monitor has it, and I need it for 2560x1440 165+.

I take it your drive issue is resolved?

Spot on ^^.

It's not so much a preference as to what your system needs and requires. That said, I just run with DP because my GPU + monitor has it, and I need it for 2560x1440 165+.

I take it your drive issue is resolved?
Errm no i kind of gave up on that for now, i will resume to getting it working in good time, but ill make sure i do post just what ive had to do to get it work.
take care and thanks for the info.

Back