• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHICH LOW NOISE PUMP SHALL I TAKE INSTEAD OF MY COOLERMASTER 120V KIT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nathanael

Hello i'm new here so i'm sorry if i do something on a wrong way or something.

I have build an Mini itx systeem:
Cooler Master elite 130!
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe Mini-ITX
16gb GEIL mem.
3570K Clocked on 4,6Ghz.
ASUS GTX670-DC2G-4GD5
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD
WD Green 3tb HDD.
Cooler Master VS-Series 650W
Cooler Master 120V Watercooling KIT.
Mods: I am busy to make an sidepanel just like the elite 120 window(see the pictures below)
It is an red uv transparent plexiglas plate and i'm going to fit it on the side of the GPU so i have to put around 200 whols in the plexiglas to give the GPU fresh air.

It runs smooth but i want a new pump that's produce less noice than this on.

Has any one an idea wich Pump i need?

And also an 120mm radiator that fits and an resevoir.

I hope you guys can help me!

With kind regards,

Nathanael

P.s sorry for my bad English typing.

Attachments

• IMAG4727.jpg
    IMAG4727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMAG4726.jpg
    IMAG4726.jpg
    917 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG4739.jpg
    IMAG4739.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Nathanael

Which fan header do you have the CoolerMaster 120v plugged in to?
Have you tried using fan control software (speedfan) to adjust the pump?
What temps is the CPU getting up to as you use the computer?
Are you sure its the pump and not the fans?

:)

Hi,

Eum the original fan that is included with the Cm 120V.
yes, but that doesn't work because it hassend got an pwm conection (it has 2pins)
I am sure that the sound comes from the pump, its not verry much but i prefer: Less is more (=better).
My Cpu is in idle about 30celcius and max about 40 tot 50.

So i wondered if someone nows if the new PWM pump from ekwb produced less noise than this one.

Greetings

Welcome to OCFs.

Make sure your pump, if you believe its too noisy, doesn't have bubbles lodged in it. Try moving the case around. Can you give us a few shots of the internals to see the positioning of your components?

yes, but that doesn't work because it hassend got an pwm conection (it has 2pins)

My Cpu is in idle about 30celcius and max about 40 tot 50.

From this, I gather... your pump is running full speed and YES this will make it decently loud. There is a simple way to trick the fan by hot wiring it to the PSU (preferably by making a custom jumper.) You'd have to ask/search, but I think you can combine the +12 and -3 to make 9v... but search and read a lot.

otherwise just get a simple rheostat control like http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=342

OR any fan controller. your temps are good, you can turn the pump/fan up to 90% or whatever when gaming, then turn them down when your cpu doesn't need mass cooling.

Back