• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one 650,700,750 Duron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bubba

Exactly what the title says.I,m gonna buy one for a comp. I'm building for someone and was wondering which was the best OC'er?

try the new duron 900..........maybe it would clock better.......cause im using duron 750 and having trouble unlocking it, ive already penciled it about 5 times and when i change the multiplier to 8 it wouldnt boot, then tried 9.......it booted but only 504mhz........

600Mhz Durons are best value, good ones (with special code that I think they dont sell now) normally hit around 1GHz.

700Mhz Durons normally hit 1Ghz, but the 750Mhz are almost same price. 750Mhz hit 1Ghz+ normally.

I have a 800Mhz. It hits 1Ghz easy on good air-cooling, I could prolly get somewhere like 1050-1100Mhz if I used a voltage mod.

Anything above 800 is expensive for a Duron. Infact I would go as far as to say, if you are going for a 900 or a 1000 then you might as well pay a little extra for a good Thunderbird.

When I bought my 800Mhz, I had prolly the best deal I've ever seen considering the market at the time.

considering the prices, I would say go with the 800. if he has some extra money, get the 1Ghz 266MHz tbird. most of those overclock like mothers.

600-650 durons are the best overclockers accept for the 900-950 which cost as much as a faster athlon. If I were getting the processor at a shop I would pick out an AKBA 600 for price and overclockability. If I were ordering online I would probably get an 800 since they are very cheep and you start out at 800.

I've heard a lot of good things about the 600's. My personal experience with a Duron 700 AKCAR, was great. It overclocked
just under 1 gig. with a poor p/s amd ram.

I've got two DURON 600's that'll go to or over 1100MHz, these are both code "AKBA". I believe that the 650's will perform comparably. As said above, before I'd spend the money on a DURON 900, I'd give a hard look at a 1G AXIA T-BIRD, most of these will go to 1.4 with air cooling and are available for less than $90.00.

600 is the best overclocker i think but i think they stopped making these already.......so it might be not as easy to find a good stepping

for 26$ u can get a 650 Duron Pricewatch.com, or for 68$ a 1 gig athlon 266

I have had good luck with a couple of 650 Durons getting atleast 950 mhz or more with them all. And they are cheap.

Maestro

Pitspawn said:
600Mhz Durons are best value, good ones (with special code that I think they dont sell now) normally hit around 1GHz.

700Mhz Durons normally hit 1Ghz, but the 750Mhz are almost same price. 750Mhz hit 1Ghz+ normally.

I have a 800Mhz. It hits 1Ghz easy on good air-cooling, I could prolly get somewhere like 1050-1100Mhz if I used a voltage mod.

Anything above 800 is expensive for a Duron. Infact I would go as far as to say, if you are going for a 900 or a 1000 then you might as well pay a little extra for a good Thunderbird.

When I bought my 800Mhz, I had prolly the best deal I've ever seen considering the market at the time.

The little extra for a tbird?? a 1ghz tbird is cheaper than a 1ghz tbird!!!

Dont ask me why, the prizes are crazy!!! Wo would pay more for an 900mhz duron which gives less perfomance than a tbird AND oc less.......

I hope amd do something about the prizes soon. A slower cpu with less cache shouldnt cost less than a equaly clocked tbird which is alot faster.

I have a Duron 700 I do not now the code of it but I can get 1008Mhz no problem. I am looking at the 1.4 or 1.3 now and I am not sure what is the best buy they both are at a little over $100 right know. I have had good luck with the 700 I purchased it at computer store as my first and I can say I got my money's worth.

:cool:

Last edited:
Back