• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Which Ram for Haswell?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lust

Hey guys,

Looking to pick up a RAM kit for my new i7 4770k. I do a lot of gaming and will do a lot of photo and video editing work. I also do projects for school with 3d programs like maya, cad, c4d, 3ds max, etc. I'm looking for something that looks really good and that will match with my current build but will also has the performance to back it up. I currently have the z87 hero with an asus gtx 680 Direct CU II. Thanks for the help!

Wasnt this discussed in your CPU thread?? We didnt, but you really should have asked it in your build thread... more than one thread on the same/closely related subjects only serve to confuse. ;)

Anyway, Go 2x8gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 1.5v to DDR3 2133 CAS9. Anything faster just costs more for little performance gains in most cases.

Last edited:
Wasnt this discussed in your CPU thread?? We didnt, but you really should have asked it in your build thread... more than one thread on the same/closely related subjects only serve to confuse. ;)

Anyway, Go 2x8gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 1.5v to DDR3 2133 CAS9. Anything faster just costs more for little performance gains in most cases.

wait so im confused on what youre saying. should i get 1600hz CAS8 or 211 CAS9? and which exact kits do you recommend

Im saying anything in that range is fine. Anything over is spending money you dont need to.

Back