• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Reading do I trust, SiSoft or AsusProbe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheRowdy

Registered
I have a problem, first some specs:

Asus A7V333-X MB
AMD 1700+ CPU
Vcore 1.70 (Bios)
FSB 333
MULT 12
2000 MHZ

I am running toast right now, and the temp reported by Asus Probe is 52 degrees celsius, but SiSoft Sandra (for CPU and BIOS info report) reports 72 degrees C.

Additionally, although I set the Vcore to 1.70 in BIOS both SiSoft and Asus Probe report 1.74, which is probably an Asus thing (I have heard they like to overclock their boards to make themselves look a little better)

Mainly, I don't want to run at 73 deg. C, so who do I trust?

Thanks

You should check your bios and compare them to the asus probe. also you can use cpucool or mbm5 to see what the teamps are reading also. I would say that the sis sandra is not the correct reading but you never know. Go into your bios and see what your bios is reading.

jonspd said:
You should check your bios and compare them to the asus probe. also you can use cpucool or mbm5 to see what the teamps are reading also. I would say that the sis sandra is not the correct reading but you never know. Go into your bios and see what your bios is reading.

Thanks for the additional resources, I have checked my BIOS, but always wonder how fast things cool down when the CPU isn't stressed.... In general, the BIOS seems to agree with AsusProbe.

Thanks again.

TheRowdy said:

but always wonder how fast things cool down when the CPU isn't stressed....

After haveing my cpu @ 100% load it takes about 5 to 7 mins for it to get back to to idle temp. Same thing it normaly takes about 5 to 10 mins for my cpu to reach the highiest temp going from 0% load to 100% load.

jonspd said:

After haveing my cpu @ 100% load it takes about 5 to 7 mins for it to get back to to idle temp. Same thing it normaly takes about 5 to 10 mins for my cpu to reach the highiest temp going from 0% load to 100% load.

Thanks, this helps give me some confidence.

I dl'ed CPUcool as suggested above, and the closest Asus board it had was the A7V333, and it reported same temperature as Sandra (~20 deg C. above) This seems to indicate that this board is just a little too new for anything but AsusProbe to give me the right answer, Sandra is probably using its "drivers" for the A7V333.

Thanks for the help!

Using cpucool just click the i dont know link and it will fine all the sensors it self when it ask you to choose your board or aleast thats what I did LOL.

Back