• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which TBird should I get for overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ian

I am going to upgrade to TBird. I'm currently using Duron700@1GHz with Abit KT7A, using the Kanie Hedgehog HSF and a Enermax 330W PSU.

I have several questions:

1) What's up with those new AXIAR cores? Read that they overclock very good, reaching like 1.5GHz or so, just like the AYHJA ones. By the way, does AXIAR appear on both the 1Ghz and 1.2GHz? Anyone owns a AXIAR TBird?

2) Should I get a 1GHz or a 1.2GHz, provided that they have the same code (e.g. AXIA)?

3) Do I also need to look for a core with a letter (rather than no.) in the 3rd line of the code?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Anyone?? Any comments is appreciated.

Which should I get? 1GHz or 1.2GHz? I am aiming for 1.5GHz.

Who has got a AXIAR TBird yet?

if you havnt read it before which i assume you might have read this article from Athlon OC. It explains them very well. I would go with a 1.0 Ghz if your looking for best overclock or best value. If you dont care about the 20 or so dollars extra and you want the highest clock speed go with the 1.2 Ghz, but i dont think that there will be much difference between the two as long as they are both AXIA or AXIAR. Also you definatly want an AXIA-Y if you can get it.

Back