• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which thermal paste's better - Noctua NT-H1 or Swiftech's Tim-Mate 2 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ariyapl

Registered
Hi all,

Like in the topic - my Swiftech 220 is on its way. Just wondering which paste I should use on my CPU.
Got some NT-H1 left and they're sending Tim-Mate 2.

Thanks for help,

Ari

Last edited:
Id worry more about the mount than the paste. Pastes are within a couple of c from best to worst.

I've yet to see any tests with the Tim_mate 2, but I know the NT-H1 to be near the top of the list. But like E_D said, either one is going to perform well for your uses.

Here's a slightly older chart that I've referenced many times.
Skinneelabs%20TIMOverallTempa.jpg

Ease of proper application is more important than ultimate cooling to me these days. Either of those should work just fine though.

Ease of proper application is more important than ultimate cooling to me these days. Either of those should work just fine though.

This.
I know from experience that NT-H1 applies and spreads very well.

I personally use the MX-4 with no issues and has dropped my temps at an average of 5c+.

Ah, ok :D Sorry didn't get it the 1st time. Shouldn't be that hard, I guess. Probably easier than installing BQ Dark Rock Pro 3.

Back