• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White crud in cooling loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shifter

Hi everybody.
I recently flushed my cooling loop because of an issue with a sponge breaking down and after the system was refilled a white-ish stain showed up in the resvior and on the gpu coolers.
Anyone have any idea's?

Welcome to OCF!:welcome:

You will find plenty of help here. Let's start with a few questions. What are the components in your rig (both system and cooling)? What fluid did you refill with? Tell me more about the sponge; natural or manufactured?

White particles in water could indicate a pH imbalance causing calcium in the water to precipitate into tiny clumps. But there could be other causes as well.

You had a sponge in your cooling loop?

Have you been using premix pigmented coolant, plain distilled water, or tap water? If plain distilled water, did you add anything to it?

Thank you and thanks for the reply.
I'm running a x99 extreme 10 MB, 6850k processor/ EK water block, dual 1080's NVidia GeForce, EK gpu coolers/EK coolant, 64gb of memory..

I refilled it with the same kind of EK coolant(green) if that has any thing to do with it.

The sponge was manufactured.

That's really it.

The system was flushed 4 times with distilled water then refilled.

Is there a way to post a pic?

Thanks again, Shifter

Post a pic by using the "Go Advanced" button found at the lower right hand corner of any new post windows. It will take you to a page where you can locate, download and integrate pics with your post. If the picture file size is too large you may need to resample it to make the file smaller. Irfanview is free and great for doing this.

I'm still curious about the sponge. Did you add that to the system or was it already a part of some component used to build the cooling system.

Back