• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG White Widow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KΓλ©KΣΓ™

This all started with a search for a better case then the CM HAF 912. Though it is a great case, it just isn't big enough for what I'm looking for. I knew what I wanted from a case. After looking online for almost two weeks, I did in fact find exactly what I was looking for. The MAGNUM STH10, by CaseLabs.... When I saw the price of it, I nearly fell of my chair. Very disappointed that I knew I would never have that much money to put into a case, I kept looking. After another week of looking, It was no use, I had already found what I was looking for. So, I decided to do even better than the case I had seen online. I figured why not build my own case. With all the features I wanted, and without any of the features I didn't want. And so, I started tossing ideas around, drawing plans and gathering materials. This past weekend I started to build my dream case. I know it`s nothing special, but to me, it`s the best case in the world. :) Here are a couple pics of the progress I have made so far.

Photo440.jpg
Photo439.jpg

Finished tower will be L25 W12 H33

That's the modder's spirit! Can't wait to watch it progress. Thanks for sharing. Subscribed!

A few updates, Pics to follow as soon as I find my camera....

I Got the top cover on and a layer of fibreglass on it to protect it from dings and scratches. Also have the removable motherboard tray built and the rails installed in the case to hold it. Just need to drill the holes for the motherboard stand-offs. I salvaged an old case from a local PC shop for $0.00 to help with things like that. I also managed to score a 4'X4' sheet of steal mesh to use for the front, upper, and lower compartment covers. Started working on the 5.25" bays but my work station for the time being is the back deck. So when it gets dark, my modding time is done.

Anyway, sorry I don't have the pics, but I'll get some ASAP. I was gonna use the camera on my work phone, but the pics would look like they were taken with a potato...

Got some updated pics to bring you all up to speed. First of all, we have the side panel frame which will hold the window and two 120mm fans to cool the vid card/s.
100_1761.JPG
The upper and lower panel frames for both sides as well as two of the 4 pieces of steel mesh. The other two are cut, but not sanded and painted. 100_1770.JPG
100_1762.JPG
The front panel with the steel mesh for it. There will be 3x120mm intake fans going in the front of the case.
100_1763.JPG
The tower itself from all angles.
100_1764.JPG
100_1765.JPG
100_1766.JPG
100_1767.JPG
100_1768.JPG
The removable motherboard tray. Still haven't drilled out the holes yet... 100_1769.JPG

Thanx for looking and please feel free to leave a comment.
That's it for now. Stay tuned for more updates.

Just wondering, where do you get that motherboard tray with the expansion slots?

I went to a local computer store, and asked if they had any old towers they plan to throw away. They had a few diff ones there, so I picked the one I wanted, and they gave it to me. Just brought it home and cut what I wanted from it.

Back